« Home | 5 Items » | Thursday 13... » | I Realize This Shouldn't Upset Me But... » | Update » | Thursday 13 » | Clearing the Air » | Blog It Out! » | Clean Machine » | List Steal » | Treasure Trove » 

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 

Sooooo Effing Busy!

I am so freakin' busy I can't see straight. To top it off, I'm not feeling so hot (hmmm... could it be STRESS!?!?) This time of year gets crazy for me. I work in a resorty type place which operates intensely for 9 weeks in the summer. My staff goes from 2 people to 40 people during "season" (as we call it) so I am scrambling to get everything ready before that fateful day when all our visitors arrive. (HELP!)

Now I am faced with the same thing 3carnations blogged about recently. Why doesn't anyone RSVP? Do they really need to be told "CALL AND TELL ME WHETHER YOUR KID IS COMING OR NOT?!?!?!" Rude. It is now Tuesday and ONE person (out of 11) has let me know they're coming (for Saturday). Argh. I suppose having it at McDonald's is a big plus if you don't know how many are actually coming. You only pay for the happy meals you order, the cake, and an extra 10 bucks for the staff member to attend to your needs while you're there. Not too shabby. PLUS no clean-up and the kids get their ya-ya's out on the jungle gym. The best deal going. Wanna come?

Okay, too busy to talk about anything else today (this took me about 4 hours to type as it is). I'll get back to you when I can come up for air!

I am dealing with the RSVP issue as well, although not for a kid's bday party. And my friend is getting married in a few weeks and still has over 100 people who haven't RSVP'ed for the wedding!

RUDE. A wedding is ten times worse. Why can't we cool, well mannered people run the world?

Not RSVP'ing is right up there with coveting your neighbors behiney in my book. If I care enough to take the time to invite, you could at least care enough to respond...even if it is just to say - no, I don't even like you.

Exactly! Thanks Kat and welcome.

We ended up getting one missing RSVP 2 days before the party, which worked out just fine. The remaining non-RSVP'r never called, and did not show.

We had several not RSVP for our wedding. We pursued them to get an answer, since we needed to know how many meals were needed. Even worse than not RSVP'ing...Wedding no shows. We had 2 guests (and their dates) simply not show, and 2 people who said they were bringing someone did not bring them. That was 6 extra meals we paid for and did not get. Had I been in the state of mind to think of such things, I would have asked for them to go and given them away or frozen them, rather than paying for absolutely nothing...Rude, rude...

That is TOTALLY rude. All it takes is a quick email or phone call!

We had several people not show and because we had specialty portabella mushrooms which were like steaks, we paid out the yingyang. The following week my mother in law who is a member of the club where we held the reception told us that several members were commenting on the delicous portabella mushrooms they got "free" atop their steaks.
I was really pissed because I know several of our guests who would have gladly eaten two or had their chicken AND a mushroom. I agree with 3carnations, wish I would have known to ask that "extra" dinners be brought out or wrapped up.
We live and learn I guess.

This is definitely a pet peeve of mine. You don't know who/what to expect when people don't. I'm a stickler on that one.

The MCD party is the best way to go. Leaving the cleanup for them to do is great! Better at their place than mine.....

Post a Comment