Thursday 13...
Is it really already Thursday again? Here's 13 things I did in the last 24 hours:
- Answered about 100 phone calls and random questions (busy season at work).
- Distributed birthday invites to Kate's friends (left in classroom cubbies).
- Felt bad about not inviting ALL the kids, but hey - it's her birthday so she chooses.
- Went to Big Lots (my dark secret) where I got stuff for work and a new air freshener for my car (somehow, the blue dolphin "swam" over to my husband's car!)
- Made mac & cheese with hot dogs for dinner.
- Babysat my niece and watched all the kids play Hullabaloo (very cute!)
- Talked to Princess on-line while I drank a beer and listened to Chimp's web cast (he gave me a shout out, I felt special!)
- Went to bed (and fell asleep quickly thanks to the beer).
- Woke up and got the kids moving (dressed, teeth brushed, vitamins, medicine - phew!)
- Had a discussion with my daughter on the way to school about "being nice to everyone, even people you don't like."
- We had no sooner hit the door of her classroom when she said with a pout, "Awwww man, Piper's here!" A disappointed look from me soon followed.
- Saw my friend in the hallway at the daycare who also works at the local pub (he charged Galoot and I $3 for two glasses of wine and a martini last Saturday night - small town discount). I thanked him.
- Drove to work and arrived to find a dozen fresh donuts! I had a boston creme!

After the clothes not being found in those cubbies you left the invitations there? One courageous mama you are!
...or is it that you're hoping that they won't be seen/used like your son's extra clothes?? humm?!?
Posted by
stinkypaw |
2:09 PM
It's the TEACHERS who don't look in the cubbies, not the parents! And it wouldn't be the end of the world if the parents don't see the invite - that's one less kid I have to feed (how horrible is that?)
I am always nice as pie (and maybe a little too nice more often than not). We share that fear of confrontation wordnerd! It's nice to be important but more important to be nice!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
2:48 PM
Stinkypaw, that is so funny. Is it rude to comment to other commenters on someone else's blog? Sorry. Anyway, sounds like it is going to be a rockin' party.
I am glad you had time for a beer and talking to friends!
Posted by
-R- |
11:52 PM
I think we are all so very ready for the weekend. Those four day weeks are rougher than the five day weeks often times. Don't beat yourself up for a blog break. It gets the creative juices flowing. I guess you can tell I'm not the boss.
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:00 PM
you just disappeared on me. chimp played "there's a dogshit in my lawn" by shubidua (shoo be doo wa). it's the danish rock band that chimpette used to nanny for in denmark.
you must hear it sometime. it's a danish reggae song ~ too funny.
Posted by
princess slea |
3:10 PM
Thanks guys. Maybe I'll blog on the weekend if I find time. If not - see ya Monday!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
3:10 PM
Oh and princess... I thought you disappeared on me! I was up until about 11:00 but your IM said you were away. Must've been my connection. Bummer.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
3:20 PM