Cut the crap.
As you may have read with Galoot, Pgirl Jr. had a rough night Wednesday. She'd been sleeping with her best bud (Princess Slea Jr.) for about 4 nights in a row. Princess and the kids left Wednesday morning - so when Wednesday night rolled around, Pgirl Jr. suddenly could not sleep. I guess being separated from her BFF was making for a restless night. For some reason, she decided to take some scissors and give herself a trim... in the dark... sans a mirror. I didn't have the heart to take a pic of it the next morning but I can tell you I upset her beyond any level of necessity - (at one point she asked, "do you still love me mommy?") I was clearly more traumatized than she was.

It looks cute! All's well that ends well.
Is she saying "I love you" in sign language in that one picture? :)
Posted by
3carnations |
11:38 AM
I agree. She looks cute! That is a good summer haircut.
When I was younger, my neighbor girls cut their hair one day, and the only thing the stylist could do was give them crewcuts. It was kind of hilarious, except then lots of people assumed they were going through chemo!
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:09 PM
I never cut my own hair I cut the hair of other people. Which is probably worse. It's scary funny that she cut it in the dark without a mirror! Her hair is really cute. She looks SO much like you it's unreal.
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:11 AM
I asked Mazzy if she would ever cut her own hair and she said "no way." I then asked her if she would let Kate cut her hair and she thought about it as if to say "yes." Then she said "maybe I better have a grown up do it."
Kate might have a future in hair styling.
I agree it's cute (reminds me of a 70's do) but it's way shorter than I was picturing from when we chatted.
Posted by
princess slea |
11:59 AM
She's still cute! No worries!
Posted by
stinkypaw |
6:49 PM
One summer, when I was five, my older cousins shaved my head with clippers. My parents gave them permission.
During the course of several future years, I'd break out the clippers and shave my hair all by myself. My parents had not given permission.
I could not see the difference.
Moral of the story...it could be a LOT worse.
Posted by
Makkaio |
10:00 AM