« Home | The Office » | Key Note - and TV Talk » | Mama's Day » | Awesome » | Stitch has a Glitch » | Reality Bites » | Two Weeks? » | Once Upon a Time... » | Can't Buy Me Love... » | Is It Wrong... ? » 

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 

Penny for your Postage?


I gotta say. People never cease to amaze me. Today at work, a customer sent us a self-addressed stamped envelope to return some info to her by mail. Apparently, she didn't have one of those (not so) hard-to-get, new fangled postage stamps - you know, the kind with the current postage rate on them? Instead, she used an old stamp and, get this...

TAPED A FREAKIN' PENNY TO THE ENVELOPE.

So... at first I was shocked - then offended. Now I'm wondering if she knows something I don't. C'est la vie... en poste.

That sounded familiar...I don't remember it 100%, but I think that may have happened here once.

Oh, and I don't have stamps with the current rate. I have some forever stamps, but currently still have a few Christmas stamps to use. Ever since I started paying bills online, I use almost no stamps! :)

Give her credit for at least wanting to pay the full rate! I would have sent it without the penny, but not in this case (self-addressed), more like on a postcard or something like that... Que veux tu, c'est la vie!

After postal increases, I dig out the old stamps from wayyy back....37 cents way back. My mail usually looks like a patchwork quilt. I never have the correct increase amount but the old stamps usually get me close.

Terrestrial mail delivery is dead, like Jerry Garcia.

Ok, I know this one. When we lived in very, very rural Texas and we needed to send mail and didn't have a stamp, we would just tape the money to the envelope and the postal carrier would exchange our change for the stamps and put them on the envelopes. It was just like using your mailbox to buy stamps. Maybe it's just an outdated custom.

Post a Comment