« Home | 13 Movie Girlfriends » | Movies » | Note to Others » | Bring It On » | Prom Challenge » | Artsy Fartsy » | Six Degrees... » | St. Pat's » | Sunday Ritual » | Big Brother » 

Saturday, April 14, 2007 

Where I've BEAN

I wish I had some interesting story about where I've been the past week - but the truth is, I've simply been a wee bit busy. Plus - you know how it goes. You skip for a day or two, then three then four, the next thing you know it's been over a week. I've been trying not to blog at work - and ALSO have been trying to keep the computer off at home at night. As you've probably concluded (I knew you were smart) that leaves no time for blogging or blog reading except the weekend. Soo, to sum up the last 10 days in preppyworld, here goes:

I've watched more movies. What is up with me and the movies lately? We actually got to the theater, ALONE, last Thursday (during a snow storm) and caught Blades of Glory. Oh so very funny. I know Will Ferrell can often be a love him or hate type of actor but I am heavily in the love him camp. Sometimes comedy isn't smart, or intellectual - it's just funny - and that's what Ferrell does best. If you need a laugh and you don't want to think too hard about it - GO SEE THIS MOVIE.

A little shopping trip last Friday found us in Wallyworld where I came across the DVD of Pretty in Pink - "Everything's Duckie Edition." After all the recent discussion on -R-'s blog about this movie I decided to buy it (and at $7.50, it was hard to pass up). If you're looking for a little piece of 1986, I highly recommend picking it up. It has a whole section of interviews with the original cast and talks about the original "Duckie gets the girl" ending and why they changed it. CHECK IT - it is hot, white hot.

This past week, my daughter spent her spring break at my MIL's (only about 25 minutes away). It was kinda weird having only one kid for a change (well two if you count Galoot). But the testosterone levels around here were over the top. I'm glad to have my little girlie back.

You're right, you miss one post and then it's a week! I've not been anywhere eventful either. I saw Pretty in Pink on a date in 1986. I was more in to Sixteen Candles, that one was my favorite.

Everytime I watch "Two and 1/2 Men" I just can't believe that he's the same guy that was in Pretty in Pink...I loved it back then and probably still would (if I were to watch it again!)

I feel like I've been away from blogville for so long, and yet... Have a great week!

Post a Comment