Movies
So, I did some serious movie watching over the weekend. I often get movies at the Library but never seem to fit them into my schedule within the one week allotted before they need to be returned. This past weekend, I vowed to make the time. I not only got to watch these but also took in a couple off cable as well. Here's the rundown:
I'm warming up to Colin Firth and also seem to have a weakness for the current Supermen - Brandon Routh & Tom Welling.
I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Who did I leave out?
- Legally Blonde 2 - Red, White & Blonde I'd finally seen the first Legally Blonde last weekend and was totally in to seeing the sequel. Here's a little tip for the makers of this one - quit while you're ahead. This movie was awful.
- Sweet Home Alabama - I can't believe I hadn't seen this movie. It will definitely go on my top chick flicks list. Good movie -PLUS I found myself a new movie boyfriend - Josh Lucas. He looks so much like Paul Newman (my most favoritest movie boyfriend ever!) It's no surprise he played a young Newman in Empire Falls. Yum.
- The Devil Wears Prada - This was pretty good, despite its "cartoony" start (as Galoot puts it). It definitely got better as the film went on. I'd recommend it.
- Rumor Has It - Pretty good, not the greatest but it had its moments. I like Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner (movie boyfriend) so I kinda enjoyed it. Also with a small part was Mark Ruffalo (movie boyfriend) so it was palatable for me.
- Paul Newman
- Hugh Grant
- Tom Berenger
- George Clooney
- Kevin Costner (especially Bull Durham)
- Brendan Fraser
- Hugh Jackman
- Mark Ruffalo
- Josh Lucas
- Tom Cruise (in Jerry Maguire)
- Tom Hanks (opposite Meg Ryan)
- Luke Wilson (anything BUT Legally Blonde 2)
- Dermot Mulroney (Wedding Date)
- John Cusack (Serendipity and of course, Say Anything)
I'm warming up to Colin Firth and also seem to have a weakness for the current Supermen - Brandon Routh & Tom Welling.
I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Who did I leave out?

What ever happened to Rob Lowe? or Chad for that matter?...
Posted by
Mr. Social |
11:07 PM
I LOVE Sweet Home Alabama and mmmm Josh Lucas is a hottie! I am also with you on George Clooney and Brendan Fraser before he did Monkey Bone, Hugh Jackman and Dermot Mulroney. I would add Josh Duhamel (not in movies but oh my...), Hayden Christensen (before he went to the dark side), Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger, yes I saw Brokeback Mt but they are still hot in my eyes!
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:17 PM
Tom Berenger....WTF
Posted by
Tim |
10:00 AM
Matthew McConaughey and Edward Norton are the first two that come to mind...
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:11 AM
my movie boyfriend list:
hugh jackman but only as Wolverine
(none of that sissy stuff).
tim roth (honey bunny)
russell crowe
gary oldman (you know he was married to uma thurman?)
colin firth totally makes my list
up until about five years ago my list would also have included:
jude law
harrison ford
I'm also very tempted by Jack Black because he makes me laugh and I think he'd be a good boyfriend in real life.
Posted by
princess slea |
11:17 AM
Christian Bale! He always plays freaks, so that is not good, but he is hot, so I overlook the freakishness.
Paul Newman is definitely a good call too.
Posted by
-R- |
11:55 AM
Since you are from NY have you been to Vermont to visit the place where they filmed the glass store scene? While the outside is somewhere in Alabama, the inside is an actual store in Vermont. We went there in the Fall to see the colors and stopped at the store. Everything was VERY expensive...but worth it I am sure. It was a really cool place to walk around and the town itself was pretty awesome too. I think it is Simon Perse, but I will have to look it up again.
Oh and Benecio Del Toro...yummy
Posted by
Traci McCush |
12:26 PM
You forgot Len Barry from:
Assault On Devil's Island - Mercenary
Lawless - Thug (unaired)
There's Something About Mary - Office Guy (cutting room floor)
Sheesh!
Posted by
Galoot |
12:47 PM
OMG, how did I forget Christian Bale? He is super hot, he voiced Howl on Howl's Moving Castle and it's the only cartoon character i've ever had a crush on.
Posted by
princess slea |
1:24 PM
Dammit honey! - You SSOOOOOO beat me to it. I was just going to put that in my comments I swear. JINX!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
1:38 PM
I'm sorry, but I do not see Ethan Hawke or Michael Vartan on your list. I am confused. ;-)
Jude Law is also a fine addition, although ONLY as a movie boyfriend. In real life, I would never trust him.
Posted by
Stefanie |
2:22 PM
Great movie boyfriend list!
Posted by
Froggylady |
3:14 PM
Some fine choices. I'd have to include Alan Rickman, as well. (Have you seen Truly, Madly, Deeply? Yum.)
Posted by
lizgwiz |
4:16 PM
Good selection - we have very similar taste - but to list men would be too long - let's just say that my movie boyfriends also include Andy Garcia and Michael Madsen...and Redford...
Posted by
stinkypaw |
5:56 PM
Um, let's see -- I agree with most of yours. EXCEPT for Tom Berenger and Hugh Grant. They are icky. Add in Alan Rickman, Christian Bale, and, if I may add a TV boyfriend, Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights).
OH and I am in total agreement on something else -- Legally Blonde II SUCKED big-time.
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:59 PM
Mr. Social - You KNOW I had the hots for both Rob AND Chad back in the day. Tiger Beat!
FlyB - I knew you'd agree on the movie choice. Aren't we sappy movie soulmates?
Mick - Fuck you - he was hot in his hey day.
TCrowe - Matthew McConaughey did come to mind too. Those dimples!
PSlea - I'm diggin' Gary Oldman too. And I loved me some Han Solo. Jude ain't too shabby either. I like Jack Black for the same reason.
R - I'll admit, Christian Bale is a hottie too - get yer freak on!
TweedyF - I have NOT been to that place but I would love to see it. We are so far away from Vermont - we live south of Buffalo - But I would LOVE to head up that way. I like Benicio in Big Top Pee Wee as the dog boy - JK- he is pretty cute though.
Galoot honey - I swear I did not mean to overlook your roles in major motion pictures (cutting room floor or not). You're my real life movie boyfriend!
Stefanie - I LURVED Ethan Hawke when Explorers came out. And how could I forget Dead Poet's? Hot.
Kat - thanks!
Liz - funny you should mention Alan Rickman - I thought of him too. I am totally intrigued by him.
SPaw - How could I forget Redford? You can't say Newman without thinking Redford!
WN - Oh yes KYLE CHANDLER - whom I have loved since Homefront. I'm glad we're in agreement on Leg Blonde II - although I think anyone with eyes would also think it sucked.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
8:02 PM
Legally Blonde II didn't suck as hard as that President's Daugther movie.
Also, I forgot to add Mr. Johnny Depp to my movie boyfriend list.
Posted by
princess slea |
9:24 AM