« Home | Sunday Ritual » | Big Brother » | 13 Expletives I Use Regularly » | Home again, home again, jiggety jig. » | Trippin' » | Be Mine! » | TGIF » | Another Snow Day » | 13 Things I Did on Thursday » | Buried Alive! » 

Monday, March 19, 2007 

St. Pat's


We definitely had the most wonderful St. Patty's day! Galoot started early by cooking his corned beef Friday night. I was really proud he stayed up so late cooking as we were all stuffed so full of the fish fry we had for dinner, we could hardly move.

We spent all of Saturday cleaning, and cooking (oh - and Galoot had to snow-blow the foot of snow that had fallen the night before!) Galoot pretty much stayed in the kitchen and I moved around the rest of the house like Mr(s). Clean. We were both well behaved (no swearing fits from either of us) and the party actually went off without a hitch. You would all have enjoyed the shepherd's pie and corned beef. Galoot outdid himself once again. My mother-in-law brought a fine assortment of soda bread, beer bread and raspberry scones (this is clearly where Galoot got some of his cooking genes - AND from the Kentucky Colonel who is also a fine cook!) Patty's pot on ya! (thanks to my anonymous commenter who confirmed my family is not alone in our Patty's-pot-on-ya wishes!).

Sunday was spent cleaning (though I did clean up party dishes into the wee hours of Sunday morning after Galoot passed out - one too many Irish whiskeys I gather). I watched a Trading Spaces episode from Montréal (and thought of Stinkypaw) then watched the Rock 'n' Roll hall of fame induction of REM by Eddie Vedder (and thought of Princess who had a mock affair with Mr. Vedder). For some reason, I then watched the movie Flipper and REALLY missed living in South Florida. I am SO over all this snow. I hear it may actaully break 40 degrees tomorrow. Let's hope...

Raspberry scones? Yum! We have raspberry bushes in our yard. If I get really motivated this summer maybe I can try making raspberry scones...Have you had lemon ones? Delicious!

Shepherd's pie! Yum! We have shepherds watching our flocks. If I get really motivated this summer, maybe I can...

Sounds like you had a great time! I too had some good corned beef and cabbage at my mother-in-law's. I was dreading it because the last time she made it for us, she did it with a microwave recipe...and it was ggggrrrroooooosssss. Much better this time...

Hey, I think about Princess when I see or hear Ed Ved too! Actually, when I hear about REM, I only ever think of Mr. Social.

a mock affair?! are suggesting that what eddie and i had was not real?

aaawww... you thought of me! thank you! We watched that show as well and were trying which area of town they were in.

Can't wait for this snow to melt away like the wicked witch of the West did...

Sounds like you had a great St.Paddy's - that's sooo cool!

This is totally off topic (although it does sound like you had a rockin St. Patty's Day) but did Galoot happen to attend Central Methodist College in Fayette MO? Because if so, I think I know him, I graduated in 1992......

Flybunny, saw your post. he was there from 1990 to 1994 I believe.

I did go to CMC, as the Colonel (Galoot Sr.) has offered up. I was a Delta Sig and did a lot of theatre. Steve and Tracy are blogging now to. If you want to keep up with the Joneses, just head over to my blog to link up:

http://www.galootshootpage.blogspot.com

3C - Never had Lemon scones but these Raspberry scones are VERY good. I highly recommend.

Mr. S - Please call me when it's time to take the shepherds out to slaughter.

NJCyn - The microwave? Good Lord, I'm sure St. Patrick was rolling over in his grave! I totally think of Mr. Social too. I was having major flashbacks watching it.

PSlea - I'm sure it was real for you... Jeremy got his pant leg caught in his spoke and, fell off his bike (-RJ Walker)

SPaw - I liked what they did in both houses. I haven't watched that show is so long - it has really changed!

FlyB - I can't believe you went to CMC! (and when Galoot was there!) I once visited Fayette and got to eat at Mac's. Very interesting...

Okay, seriously Flybunny actually KNOWS Galoot? How much of a coincidence is that?! It's freaking me out.

I checked out Fafarazzi. It looked so silly, I couldn't resist. Mine is

http://sillybloggerdiversion.fafarazzi.com

The pass code is "blog" (very original) if you, or anyone else, wants to join. I was going to try to beg my way onto your team, but I don't know who the captain is, and thus felt strange about asking. :)

3C - I think once it starts you can't get in. This is the second round for "stoopid celebs." I couldn't get in the first time because I waited too long. But the good news is... I am in first place! I owe it all to Paris & K-fed.

Well if I had bothered to check Galoots blog in the first place I would have realized that yes, I do know who he is - this is all too strange and I am rather nervous to think what he might remember of me - I was rather the party girl back then.

And pgirl - I am so glad you got to eat at Mac's as it is gone now. Lots and lots of good memories from there and a bar tab that rivaled the national debt....

PGirl had one of Mac's patented, pressed burgers. She even met the vaguely androgynous barkeep who was working there when we went to school there. Remember? The short, slightly built person with the long, curly hair? I think he was a dude, but...

While Mac's is closed the "short, slightly built person with the long, curly hair" still lives on. I see him (?) around town ever so often. I think he was planting trees in front of Commercial Trust a couple of weeks ago.

Post a Comment