« Home | TGIF » | Another Snow Day » | 13 Things I Did on Thursday » | Buried Alive! » | I've Lost My Mind - (In a Good Way) » | 13 Things on My Blog From A to M » | Shaping Up » | Fit Fair? » | Where the Hell Have I Been? » | It's Indescribably Beautiful! » 

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 

Be Mine!

Howdy all. Hope you had a GREAT Valentine's day. It was pretty fun in our house. We woke up after that big storm to find about a foot of new snow (now we're looking at about 2-3 feet on the ground). On either side of our driveway there are piles about 4-5 feet high. I'm definitely looking forward to that early spring the groundhog predicted - uh ya, I won't hold my breath.

Sooo... school was closed again today. My daughter started crying because she was going to miss her Valentine's party (I assured her they would hold it tomorrow). This marks the second day this week I've played hooky. Monday I was kept out with my son who had an ear infection. I think I could totally get used to NOT working, as long as I didn't have to spend all day, every day with the kids (today was very trying - I just finished my second glass of much needed wine). Galoot, any chance you're getting a 150% raise anytime soon?

Speaking of the big Galoot, I got a nice mug filled with chocolate and Peanut Butter candies. They are freaking awesome (as is the mug). I reciprocated with a subscription to Bon Appétit magazine, for my resident chef. Galoot also got the kids stuffed animals with a bunch of chocolate peanut butter hearts (which is more than I did - bad mommy).

All in all, a great day. Only two more days until the kids' early spring break, which we will be spending in Chi-town. Can't wait!

I'm sorry she missed her party. Maybe they will reschedule? LOVE that mug with the flip-flops. Appropriate considering you'd love to be wearing them huh? Oh yeah....Happy VD! I wrote that in a book I'm going to send to you. HA!

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day. I am in trouble because H bought me a card, and I bought him nothing. Oops.

Aren't things that Galoot gives the kids from both of you? If not, then my hubby's in trouble because I tend to do the lion's share of gift shopping...

They'd better reschedule that party!

Hey. Let's go into business together! We will be rich! You are among a select few people on this planet that I trust and can stand! LOL!

Cool mug! Sounds like a fun Valentine's Day! Hope your daughter get's her party reschedule

Dear Favorite D-I-L, Miss Liz and I received the handmade Valentine's
card from the kids- very cool!!!!
Did you get the box we sent for you,Galoot, and the kid's

Shopper - I am SO wishing I could wear some flip flops *sob* - happy VD to you too!;)

R - Oops. I actually called Galoot to make sure he was getting me something before I got him something. How romantic.

3C - Ya, I didn't bother getting them anything because Galoot did. STILL - my daughter knew Galoot had purchased their gifts and she said, "Don't I get a Valentine from you too Mommy?"

Mr. S - If we could afford our own health insurance, we'd be all set.

Spaw - They are having that party today instead - Phew!

KY Col. - Favorite FIL - Glad you like the card. We didn't get the box yet - maybe today. I heard there are goodies in there for moi! - You are too good to me!

Victor gave me gas station candy and I gave him a construction paper card with spiderman stickers on it.

Oh and since I have pinkeye he wasn't allowed to get near me.

Sounds like you had a better day. :)

Poor Jenny! You didn't have to color your eyes pink just for Valentine's! - I forgot to talk about the card. It was very reminiscent of one you'd find in a gas station, wrapped in plastic featuring gold lettering, "For My Sweetheart." The best part? It played love me tender and had a red flashing heart inside. Total cheese.

LMAO at PG's comment to Jenny (about the eyes) -- NOT, however, laughing at Jenny's pinkeye. Hate that. Hate it.

Post a Comment