Shaping Up
Soooo... after long deliberation, Galoot and I decided to purchase a piece of fitness equipment (and by "purchase" I mean put on my Sears card 12 months interest free). This is NOT a result of my aforementioned "fit fair" results (I'm not that ridiculous people). But we both enjoy working out and figured for the same price it would cost to join a gym we could purchase an elliptical for our home.
We ended up with a pretty spiffy Nordic Track that we assembled in a snap (if you consider 2 hours a snap). Despite a little snafu with the wheel cover (we pulled a little MacGyver maneuver to get it working properly) it all went together rather easily - we were a bit shocked. I am waiting to see if any parts fly across the room during a workout. DUCK!
As soon as we were done assembling the elliptical, my daughter called my husband upstairs. Click here to see what we discovered: Galoot's Hoot Page. I should know by now that when the kids are too quiet, something's up.
Hope you all had a great weekend!
We ended up with a pretty spiffy Nordic Track that we assembled in a snap (if you consider 2 hours a snap). Despite a little snafu with the wheel cover (we pulled a little MacGyver maneuver to get it working properly) it all went together rather easily - we were a bit shocked. I am waiting to see if any parts fly across the room during a workout. DUCK!
As soon as we were done assembling the elliptical, my daughter called my husband upstairs. Click here to see what we discovered: Galoot's Hoot Page. I should know by now that when the kids are too quiet, something's up.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

Hope you enjoy your purchase! The price of joining a gym seems so ridiculous when we thing of how little time (motivation?) we would actually have to go there.
Hubby's way better about working out then I am. He works out in the basement with weights and his punching bag 3 mornings a week. I seem to think carrying my 35 pound weight around is enough exercise. My son supports that claim by still liking to be carried around fairly often.
Posted by
3carnations |
3:52 PM
where do you have that pc of equipment?
Posted by
princess slea |
4:22 PM
3C - yes, carting those kids around is a workout in itself. My son still clings to me like a monkey, but he's getting too big. Ugh.
PSlea - well, it will live in the back room, however, Galoot can't use it back there because of the low ceiling. It's huge but it actually has a folding function so you can roll it from room to room - but it's a little heavy so it's not like something I'd want to do too often. It's in the living room at the moment, which is where Galoot has to put it to work out (only room with high enough ceilings). When we hit the lottery and buy our mansion, space won't be an issue.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
5:25 PM
The last 2 pieces of workout equipment I bought became rather expensive clothes hangers so I have been banned from buying any more!
We also had a bean bag massacre about a year ago, it was funny because they came down asking for the vacum but wouldn't say for what!
And do you think Galoot would send a chocolate chip cookie my way...the baby really seems to like them.....
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:40 PM
Yay for interest free financing! Enjoy the Nordictrack!
Posted by
-R- |
10:53 AM
Sounds like a plan! Enjoy the workouts!
Posted by
stinkypaw |
6:31 PM
FlyB - My god that bean bag thing was a mess. It happened once before but was contained to a small area. This was just EVE.RY.WHERE. Sending a cyber cookie your way.
R - Nordictrack rocks - word.
SPaw - I actually enjoy working out. Can't wait!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
8:08 PM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....inside! She has no "OH NO!" look. ;)
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:10 PM