« Home | Just Stuff » | I Got Heavy & He's My Brother » | Out of Office » | It's Thursday so I guess that means... » | NEXT!!! » | Thursday 13 » | Randomness Abounds » | White Stuff » | Mercredi Moment » | Niagara to Studio 60 » 

Monday, December 04, 2006 

Me Want Cookie

COOKIES - I love 'em. Growing up, at about this time of year, my mom would whip out her Christmas apron for some serious baking. I used to love those old school cookie cutters and that cool spritz machine. Decorating with colored sugar and farkles (official family word for anything remotely resembling sprinkles) - and ICING was so much fun. But the best part? - eating the scraps of course. Yum yum cookie dough. My favorite cookes to make though were those candy canes! - Twisting together that red & white dough - Good times.

Yesterday the kids got to partake in a little cookie making themselves courtesy of grandma. Although most of their participation time was spent licking the spoon, the product was pretty worthy; Spritz cookie trees and cherry wreaths. YUM.


I am sending you each a cyber cookie - can't ya almost taste it?

Cute picture! My son hasn't had a chance to make cookies yet, but he did help me make some cocoa to give hubby while he put up Christmas decorations...Although his main part in making the cocoa was taste-testing the marshmallows.

That is so sweet!

Now, that's what I call Christmas Spirit! Precious memories in the making.

I can almost taste that cookie - yummy! Thanks for sharing! ;-)

i notice kate has a "naughty" apron.

3C - Ah yes, the kids love their cocoa too - with marshmallows of course!

SPaw - My MIL is a Christmas freak (in a good way). Her house is COVERED with the cutest Christmas crap - and she makes tons of cookies. Lucky us!

PSlea - Yes, the apron says "Naughty or nice?" - I gave it to my MIL last year for Christmas - unfortunately, I forgot I'd given her that and bought her another apron (at Candy's shoppe) for this year. Back to the drawing board on her gift...

mmmm cookies. I am not much of a cookie maker but bring on the candy especially peanut brittle.

It is fun that your MIL shares that with your kids, my mom is a cookie maker but has a tendency to be not so patient so maybe I will have to pick up the slack this year!

FlyB - My MIL is great with them. I'm truly lucky.

WN - Yep, that cookie press thing. It's awesome.

I love cookies, but I don't make them much. I burn them. I have a MIL that is a really good cookie at baking, so my kidlet gets to do it with her. I have alot of cool tools for making them, I just get a D in baking.

Post a Comment