Another Snow Day
The daycare is still open (as it is run by the local college) so Galoot Jr. has been going to school even when the public schools are closed (phew). PGirl Jr. spent yesterday with Galoot, so today was my turn. After a trip to the Chiropractor ("Mommy, what's this crazy table for?") she spent the day with me at work. Here are a few things keeping her busy today:
- Highlighters and copy paper
- A new Strawberry Shortcake sticker book
- Polly Pockets
- Barbie.com
- Making Valentines
- Making water cooler soup
- Rubber picture people baseball (using my picture people and a roll of wrapping paper)
- Rubber picture people bowling (using the picture people and an overripe orange)
I'm getting tired just watching her. Pray for warmth so she can return to her regularly scheduled programming tomorrow.

We had the bride & groom rubber picture people as our wedding cake toppers - we wanted something that truly represented us!
Good luck with the warmth - we all are praying for it!
Posted by
stinkypaw |
5:16 PM
Yikes - I thought it was cold here but the actual temp has stayed above 0 but the windchill has not and then we have today where is is sunny and 50 and giving me hope that there is an end to the misery but alas the forecast for tomorrow is back in the teens.
I love the picture people bowling - how creative!
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:41 PM
Her drawings are precious. She has alot of talent drawing other little fashionistas. Tell her they look just like Ashley Tisdale and the other HSM chicks. ;)
I hope things warm up soon.
Posted by
Anonymous |
10:42 PM
Very cute.
Our schools were closed Monday and Tuesday due to temperature, too. Daycare was open. They also provide school age child care before & after school and on snow days, so that helps a lot of families.
Posted by
3carnations |
10:11 AM
So creative with the office supplies! She is so cute.
Posted by
-R- |
11:29 AM
love the "Amish" ballet dancers!
our schools let out early yesterday due to lots of snow, i know kids love snow days, but it's not a treat for mom.
I actually shoveled snow (all the way to my neighbors front door ~ he's elderly).
Posted by
princess slea |
11:57 AM
SPaw - I love those rubber picture people. We had Star Wars Action figures Han Solo & Leia on cake (courtesy of Princess).
FlyB - Whoa - Sunny and 50? I am longing for those days right now.
Shopper - She just LOVES to draw. It's her favorite thing to do. She was singing "Something New" last night dancing around the house. I did a double take.
3C - My daughter does the afterschool program at her school and loves it. Thank goodness for programs like that!
R - She loves office supplies just like her mommy. A future geek in the making.
PSlea - sounds like you needed Galoot and his massive snow blower. Come live by me and Galoot will include you on his daily snow blowing route.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
1:43 PM
Princess I thought the ballet dancer were hasidic jews
Posted by
Tim |
11:26 AM
LOL - mick. How true.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
12:00 PM