« Home | Trippin' » | Be Mine! » | TGIF » | Another Snow Day » | 13 Things I Did on Thursday » | Buried Alive! » | I've Lost My Mind - (In a Good Way) » | 13 Things on My Blog From A to M » | Shaping Up » | Fit Fair? » 

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 

Home again, home again, jiggety jig.

Well, the va-ca was just what I needed. I needed to get away from my house and just "be." Here's a quick rundown of our week:

  • Took a quick flight on Southwest from Buffalo to Chicago Midway. The kids fared well.
  • Stayed at my aunt's house in the burbs where we were practically waited on hand & foot (Aunt Mary rocks).
  • Shopped (new purse), shopped (new shoes), shopped (new wallet) .
  • Did the Zoo/Museum circuit.
  • Ate the best sushi ever. Hamamatsu - N. Clark - highly recommended.
  • Discovered that T-mobile has cornered the market on "free wi-fi" - in other words, it is only "free" for T-mobile customers (we visited 3 Starbucks and Borders before finding some TRULY free wi-fi at Caribou Coffee).




We DID get to see princess and family on Friday. The cats are cute, the kids are cute and monkey makes a wicked beef stew (not to mention the guac & chicken wings!)







Here's the fam sacked out after a long day with princess and family.

I need to catch up on my blogging, blog reading and life in general. Hope you all had a good week!

Sounds like a great trip. Welcome back.

Those trays that the kids have their dinner on are adorable. I was just thinking "I need those", but then I remembered that a few weeks ago my son got worked up because he wanted to use the same plates Mommy and Daddy use. After fear of what would happen to my pretty Pfaltzgraff dishes that I finally got a couple years ago after eating on garage sale plates my entire adult life, I realized nothing would happen. It's not like he is going to pick up the plate and throw it off the table. So, he is happily eating off of a "big boy plate" now.

Target has the trays and cutsie matching cups and silverware. Our kids love the little sections and it works out good when we are having veggies with ranch dressing (whichis almost every day).

you forgot to mention that galoot hurt his butt playing with monkey's wii

Sounds like you had some nice family time. Sometimes a quick break is the best kind. The plates are pretty. We always had ones like that for the kiddies, when I was a kiddie.

I'm glad you had fun! I will have to check out that sushi place next time I'm in Chicago. You didn't have any deep dish pizza?

I would also like to hear the story of Galoot and The Monkey's Wee - sounds like a kid's book LOL

3C - It's really a toss up as to what plates my kids eat on. Sometimes we give them smaller melamine plates, but they usually eat off the smaller sandwich plates that go with our set (also pfaltzgraf!)

PSlea - That sentence is so funny "Galoot hurt his but playing with Monkey's Wii."

Shopper - We had plates like that too. Too cute.

R - the Sushi place is cool. It's small (your basic storefront restaurant size)and it's BYOB. Conveniently, there is a liquor store about half a block away. I recommend the dragon roll! We did have pizza a couple of times, but no deep dish :(

you pretty much rule. these pictures are awesome. who needs internet porn when you can see action-packed images like these? jk

wow, mr. s is in an exceptional mood today.

From the look of it, "trippin' in Chicago" has been hard on poor Galoot as well...

Post a Comment