The Weekend's Over - PHEW!
I never thought I'd be so happy for it to be Monday! While a good time was had by all, the weekend was hectic. I left work a little early on Friday to help my dad finish up the swing set. Friday night dinner at the in-laws followed. Saturday morning Galoot took the kids to see "Cars" while I took the mini-van for a LONG overdue oil change (oops). Galoot soon called to see if I could pick up our son (an impatient 2 year old + an impatient 34 year old = BAD NEWS). I could not (as the car was still being worked on). Poor Galoot; he was Pissed (with a capital P!) - He'd spent all that money and pretty much missed the entire flick. I guess the little one just wasn't ready. My daughter could sit for hours watching TV and movies*, my son - no such luck. Amazing how different they are!
Saturday afternoon was the big McDonald's par-tay. All the kids had a GREAT time. Lots of playing on the playground and even "Stick the McNugget on the Skateboard" which was the Mickey D's version of "Pin the tail on the Donkey" only with an Xtreme looking McNugget (sporting Skate gear). Rad. I was waiting for the little nugget to do a McTwist.
Last night (after my niece's birthday party) we came home and the kids played on the swing set for about 15 minutes before beddie-bye. I held my daughter's glasses while they played. When the kids ran toward the house, the dog attacked them (not REALLY attacked them, just jumped on them to play). I ran over to get the dog to heal and somehow, the glasses fell. I forgot about them until this morning. A quick glance around the yard and my worst fears were realized - the dog had used them for a chew toy. Great. They're still wearable but there are chew marks on the lenses. A second pair is in our future. It's always something!
Here's a couple piccies of the kidlets:
Saturday afternoon was the big McDonald's par-tay. All the kids had a GREAT time. Lots of playing on the playground and even "Stick the McNugget on the Skateboard" which was the Mickey D's version of "Pin the tail on the Donkey" only with an Xtreme looking McNugget (sporting Skate gear). Rad. I was waiting for the little nugget to do a McTwist.
Last night (after my niece's birthday party) we came home and the kids played on the swing set for about 15 minutes before beddie-bye. I held my daughter's glasses while they played. When the kids ran toward the house, the dog attacked them (not REALLY attacked them, just jumped on them to play). I ran over to get the dog to heal and somehow, the glasses fell. I forgot about them until this morning. A quick glance around the yard and my worst fears were realized - the dog had used them for a chew toy. Great. They're still wearable but there are chew marks on the lenses. A second pair is in our future. It's always something!
Here's a couple piccies of the kidlets:
Oh! - and by the way, I ended up getting her a new watch (with INDIGLO), and a cute pink purse case for her glasses (that would've come in handy last night - grrr.)
*I'm not exactly proud of the fact she can sit and watch TV for hours, but it does help me keep my sanity sometimes. So sue me.



They are precious! Sorry about the glasses, but that cute pink holder will help out for next time.
Don't worry about TV babysitting your kids! It's better than a perv, costs less and as you put it, it lets you keep your sanity.
;)
Posted by
shpprgrl |
2:36 PM
Good job on the swingset. The kids are SOOO CUTE! And I'm glad the party went well and the kids had fun without you going crazy. =)
Posted by
-R- |
2:43 PM
Nice swingset. Sorry about the glasses, but I had to laugh at the irony - Who would have thought that if they got broken YOU'D be the one to do it (however inadvertently)!?!
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:46 PM
I know. It was really kinda my fault. I hung them from the collar of my shirt then just forgot about them. Oops. I suppose it could've been worse. At least they weren't mangled so badly she couldn't wear them. After I get her some new ones, she'll have an extra pair for emergencies. (I keep thinking of that scene in Christmas Story when Ralphie breaks his glasses and his mom has to bring out the extra pair). You'll shoot your eye out kid!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
3:10 PM
Cute kids and man what blue eyes they have! You daughter has your cheeks!
Glad to read that the party went well, despite the RSVP issue, the important thing is "the kids had a blast"!
Better luck next time with the glasses and having a spare will put the odds on your side. Murphy's Law to your advantage! =^..^=
Posted by
stinkypaw |
4:25 PM
The kids are A-dorable! Love the swingset. sorry about the glasses, but glad they are still wearable. Whew.
I guess I'm the only one whose having a bad Monday.
Enjoy your week!
Posted by
Gunngirl |
5:56 PM
Veery creative post
Posted by
New Haven Custom Closets |
7:05 PM