Today
What's on the old agenda today? Gotta make a trip to Wallyworld to exchange the blue Mermaidia Barbie for a pink one. Might as well pick up some dog food while I'm there. Next it's over to Kmart to pick up a new drill for my father-in-law (they have an 18 volt craftsmen on sale for 39.99!) To top it off I can use my Sears card at Kmart and get $10 off! Sweet.
Damn, I just remembered that I also need to stop by Big Lots to buy my good friend Tom a birthday gift (Tom, if you're reading this STOP NOW!) You see, I found an inflatable Ralph Wiggum there last week that he simply must have. Smells like burning.
Guess it will be an evening filled with discount shopping. Anyone need anything?
Damn, I just remembered that I also need to stop by Big Lots to buy my good friend Tom a birthday gift (Tom, if you're reading this STOP NOW!) You see, I found an inflatable Ralph Wiggum there last week that he simply must have. Smells like burning.
Guess it will be an evening filled with discount shopping. Anyone need anything?

Wanna pick me up a new shower curtain liner? ;)
I thought of you today, P-girl - for the preppiness in you, Talbot's is having its semi-annual sale. Of course, it's not really a money-saver if you go in there intending to buy one or two new shirts and come out with a ton more, but...anyway. It was fun.
Posted by
Unknown |
3:45 PM
I love Talbots! There isn't one anywhere near me now - but hey, there's always mail order...
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
4:20 PM
We have very few Kmart stores here. They've all closed. I sometimes miss it. I like their houseware department.
I'm going to Big Lot's too!! The closest one is an hour away. But I'm literally going that extra mile and will have to drive 3 hours to get there.
Posted by
shpprgrl |
12:49 AM
Ralph eats some berries on the Island (Lord of the Flies) and says "TASTES like burning."
That is my all time favorite episode. On the bus the kids are racing fruit and yelling "go apple" or "go grapefruit" and Ralph yells "go banana." (The grapefruit caused the bus to crash)
Then later on the island when everyone thinks Milhouse ate the food they all put on their warpaint and yell and Ralph pops his head up and he has Peter Criss (Kiss) makeup and he just says "meow." Hilarious!
Posted by
princess slea |
9:12 AM
Oh damn you're right princess. I totally flubbed the quote. (I'm good at that.) Good thing I told Tom to stop reading - he would've been disappointed in me. :-(
Love Simpsons. One of my favorites is where Homer sends a letter to his boss, then tries to intercept it at the post office. He walks to the window and says, "I'm Mr. Burns, I believe you have a letter for me." - "What's your first name Mr. Burns?" - "I don't know!"
Genius.
Go Big Lots! They had an Apu too!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
10:56 AM
I would buy that little Ralph for my husband, but then I know he would insist on displaying it in our house, and we already have a whole room dedicated to his cartoon and comic book stuff! I hope you got all your errands done. =)
Posted by
-R- |
12:04 PM