Rain, Rain, Go Away...
Wow is it rainy today! Dark, gloomy and coming down in buckets! It seems like bad rain always brings out the worst in bad drivers. I saw a beauty this morning.
After Galoot took the kids to school, I realized I still had my daughter's glasses hooked to my shirt collar. Ugh. I got myself together and started my trek to the daycare. About halfway there I notice the car in front of me is swerving a little. Soon after, an apple core comes flying out the window, narrowly missing my front bumper. The driver then proceeds to stick her right hand out the window (yes, reaching across her face) I assume to rinse off the sticky apple juice from the core she just chucked. Two seconds later she makes a quick right to avoid the red light ahead. I decide to try the light since it will probably take longer than her "shortcut" (she's got two stop signs the other way). Sure enough, I come around the corner to see her no where near the stop sign that will soon intersect with the road I'm now on. She guns it, blows through the stop sign and totally cuts off the guy in front of me. She's clearly nuts. The guy in front of me turns off so I'm now directly behind nutjob #1. I decide to keep my distance. A little further down the road she makes another sudden turn (no doubt another short cut). I am almost to the daycare when I see her again. She's 3 blocks down the road STOPPED behind a school bus picking up children. There is a God, and he's making her wait.
On a separate note, thought you might want to see the Father's day card my daughter made at school. It's an amazing likeness of Galoot!
After Galoot took the kids to school, I realized I still had my daughter's glasses hooked to my shirt collar. Ugh. I got myself together and started my trek to the daycare. About halfway there I notice the car in front of me is swerving a little. Soon after, an apple core comes flying out the window, narrowly missing my front bumper. The driver then proceeds to stick her right hand out the window (yes, reaching across her face) I assume to rinse off the sticky apple juice from the core she just chucked. Two seconds later she makes a quick right to avoid the red light ahead. I decide to try the light since it will probably take longer than her "shortcut" (she's got two stop signs the other way). Sure enough, I come around the corner to see her no where near the stop sign that will soon intersect with the road I'm now on. She guns it, blows through the stop sign and totally cuts off the guy in front of me. She's clearly nuts. The guy in front of me turns off so I'm now directly behind nutjob #1. I decide to keep my distance. A little further down the road she makes another sudden turn (no doubt another short cut). I am almost to the daycare when I see her again. She's 3 blocks down the road STOPPED behind a school bus picking up children. There is a God, and he's making her wait.
On a separate note, thought you might want to see the Father's day card my daughter made at school. It's an amazing likeness of Galoot!

nice card...just loved it..i wish i could make similar card for my father..lolz...but might be i am not too inovative as your daughter..lol
cheers
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
http://virtuously.blogspot.com/
Posted by
Unknown |
4:50 PM
Adorable! I pictured Galoot as looking slightly less like a character from Wallace and Grommit, but now I am able to picture him accurately.
The 18 year old girl driving in front of me last night was putting on makeup while driving. And swerving all over the road. She drove on the shoulder and almost into a bridge. I was behind her for 20 minutes because I was scared to try to pass her. Your ride sounds equally scary!
Posted by
-R- |
11:44 AM
Apple core person sounds like a goon! Drivers like that should not drive like that!
Such a cute card!!
Posted by
shpprgrl |
5:31 PM
Loved the card! Especially the hair!
As for your driving experience, they (the morons!) are everywhere! Every morning, when one of us leave, we tell each other: "Watch out for Them"... you never know when they'll cross your path! Everywhere, I tell you!
Posted by
stinkypaw |
11:05 PM