Gone but not Forgotten... at least I hope...
Howdy to all y'all who are actually still tuning in occasionally to check for a preppygirl pulse. I've decided I might give this another crack as I've vowed NOT to go to bed when my kids do and stay up for some "me" time each night. I miss my blog. I think I psyched myself out, thinking I had to come up with something remotely interesting in order to post (that never stopped me before - ha!). So, here goes.
Since last blogging not much has changed. Pgirl Jr. graduated Kindergarten (Galoot and I missed the ceremony - BAD, bad parents) and Galoot Jr. left his daycare of 3 years (drama!). My daughter turned 6 and I turned 36 - GAH! I have officially passed over into my late 30's. Princess came to visit and I introduced her to Erotic Photo Hunt (bar room video game, not a late night naked search for old snapshots). I got new glasses, a new cell phone, pink crocs and took a little vaca to Kentucky. Life is good.
How could I leave out the best part? For my birthday, Galoot got me two VIP tickets to Alamo Drafthouse Road Show's presentation of "A Christmas Story" at, where else? - The Christmas Story house. The event just so happens to be on our 7th anniversary so yea us! Anyone else wanna come?
Until next time, PGirl out.
Since last blogging not much has changed. Pgirl Jr. graduated Kindergarten (Galoot and I missed the ceremony - BAD, bad parents) and Galoot Jr. left his daycare of 3 years (drama!). My daughter turned 6 and I turned 36 - GAH! I have officially passed over into my late 30's. Princess came to visit and I introduced her to Erotic Photo Hunt (bar room video game, not a late night naked search for old snapshots). I got new glasses, a new cell phone, pink crocs and took a little vaca to Kentucky. Life is good.
How could I leave out the best part? For my birthday, Galoot got me two VIP tickets to Alamo Drafthouse Road Show's presentation of "A Christmas Story" at, where else? - The Christmas Story house. The event just so happens to be on our 7th anniversary so yea us! Anyone else wanna come?
Until next time, PGirl out.

After several loud "OH MY GOD!"s, I finally explained to my husband what I was all excited about. He gave me a hard look and said, "No. We're not going to Cleveland to see that." He's no fun. Hope you guys have an awesome time!
Posted by
Julia |
10:17 PM
Never forgotten! I left you a note at my place....but I'll do it again here. I've missed you! Thanks for the update and the tickets sound awesome!
Posted by
Anonymous |
12:29 AM
I'm glad you're back. I thought we'd have to wait until the season premiere of The Office to hear from you again. :)
If you think you need something interesting to create a post, just look at my blog as a reminder that you don't. My topics of late have been less than thrilling...
The Christmas Story thing sounds great!
Posted by
3carnations |
8:10 AM
Welcome back and Happy Birthday! PGirl. I missed your posts,
Posted by
Kentucky Colonel |
3:32 PM
I AM SO STINKIN' JEALOUS!!!! A Christmas Story? And THERE?
Welcome back -- we've all missed you. In fact, I've even 'moved' - at least in a blogging sense. Come visit me!!!
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:31 PM
Happy belated birthday! Enjoy the The Christmas Story show!
Posted by
-R- |
9:42 PM
Crap. I missed your birthday!
If I lived in New York I would so be there.
Posted by
Anonymous |
6:25 AM
I've always liked A Christmas Story (partly because my Grandma worked at the school they filmed the school scenes in at the time), so I hope you have fun. It makes me homesick that I can't go...but then again, if I go to the house, I have to visit my family....
Happy belated birthday, from a first-time reader
Posted by
SailorAlphaCentauri |
3:13 PM
I know my comment may have made me sound really young, but I'm still coping with being in the last year of my late 20s, so I applaud those who are in their 30s and living it well!
Posted by
SailorAlphaCentauri |
3:15 PM
Julia - uh hello? - you MUST go! Work on Makkaio.
Shopper - Hey! - missed you too. I've been buying lotsa flip flops lately and thinking of you...
3C - I almost can't wait until fall to see what happens on the OFFICE!
KFC - thanks to my favorite FIL!
WN - I'm diggin' your new digs! I'll be by often.
R - thanks - I'm sure you'll all get a full report on X-mas Story
Jenny - Hey girlie! - Next birthday I will be sure to send a cyber invite. Only the cool people will get them.
Sailor - Your grandma coulda been Miss Sheilds! - That is so cool! Welcome and come again!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
10:34 PM
The late 30s don't begin until you turn 39...perhaps 39 1/2.
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:39 AM