Not Quite Dead
So I finally did it. I skipped an entire month in my blog archives. December 2007 shall ever remain empty. I hang my blog head in shame.
Now for the VH1 top 100. I couldn't possibly pass up re-hashing tons of angst so her goes:
01. Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit” - I was so not "into" Nirvana when they first came out. I remember being more into the Weird Al version of the video than the song.
02. U2 “One” - I really was a U2 freak during the ZooTV tour and the release of Achtung baby. For some reason I thought this song was just "ok" and I thought the video was freaky (buffalo running) Hmmmm.
03. Backstreet Boys “I Want It That Way” - I remember them singing this on Saturday Night Live and totally digging it. I also remember Galoot totally making fun of me because I was way too old to be liking the Backstreet Boys.
04. Whitney Houston “I Will Always Love You” - Seen The Bodyguard WAY too many times. Don't like Whitney but love Costner. I have been known to belt this during lone car rides.
05. Madonna “Vogue” - Greta Garbo and Monroe, Dietrick and DiMaggio... Yeah, I could recite that whole passage... still can. Strike a pose there's nothing to it, Vogue.
06. Sir Mix-A-Lot “Baby Got Back” - Former super blogher Sherri would sing this all.the.time. She's little in the middle but she's got much back!
07. Britney Spears “…Baby One More Time” - I just remember thinking - "that chick is 16?" WTH
08. TLC”Waterfalls” - Didn't one of these chicks have condoms on her glasses or something?
9. R.E.M. “Losing My Religion” - Awwww shit. This is another one that Sherri sang A LOT. I love R.E.M. so I sang right along with her. Plus, Mr. Social played the guitar and Mandolin so I seem to remember him playing it a lot.
10. Sinéad O’Connor “Nothing Compares 2 U” - Another song I've belted during drive time.
11. Pearl Jam “Jeremy” - We went to Lollapalooza in 92 and Pearl Jam rocked. Our friend RJ was with us and he kept singing this song but he'd made up his own verse which I can't help but sing everytime I hear this song, "Jeremy got his pant leg caught in his spoke and .... fell off his bike."
12. Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know” - bought this CD one weekend when I'd just broken up with a guy and Sherri and I drove to Key West. 'nuff said.
13. Dr. Dre (featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg) “Nuthin’ but a “G” Thang” - Should I know this song?
14. Mariah Carey “Vision of Love” - Mariah before she went cuckoo
15. Red Hot Chili Peppers “Under the Bridge” - another one from that Lollapalooza, and Under the bridge downtown Fort lauderdale - Squeeze! (great club)
16. MC Hammer “U Can’t Touch This” - this feels like it came out in the 80's. All I can see is those pants
17. Destiny’s Child “Say My Name” - I don't get what's so great about Destiny's Child.
18. Metallica “Enter Sandman” - One of the only Metallica songs I could probably even identify. My freind Sylvia went on the road with them as their "laundry girl" (ie, she dropped out of college and rode on the bus and slept with one of them). This is always what I think about when I hear Metallica.
19. Beastie Boys “Sabotage” - I can picture the video. Bad wigs. Loved it.
20. Hanson “MMMBop” - I like this song. I heard it the other day and still liked it. I wish I could understand the lyrics though.
21. Celine Dion “My Heart Will Go On” I hate this song. I disliked this song so much, I didn't see Titanic (until about a year ago) and I won't see it again.
22. Beck “Loser” I remember thinking this applied to many people I knew then.
23. Salt-N-Pepa with En Vogue “Whatta Man” - Ummm, I remember this. I don't remember liking it but I'm sure I've sung along to it in the car at one time or another.
24. House of Pain “Jump Around” - I really liked this when it came out but got annoyed by it quickly when I heard it played in every club, where everyone, jumped.
25. Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun” - Liked this one. Chris Cornell looked cute for a split second in this one.
Too much to do all in one sitting... I'll do 25 at a time.
Good night!
Now for the VH1 top 100. I couldn't possibly pass up re-hashing tons of angst so her goes:
01. Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit” - I was so not "into" Nirvana when they first came out. I remember being more into the Weird Al version of the video than the song.
02. U2 “One” - I really was a U2 freak during the ZooTV tour and the release of Achtung baby. For some reason I thought this song was just "ok" and I thought the video was freaky (buffalo running) Hmmmm.
03. Backstreet Boys “I Want It That Way” - I remember them singing this on Saturday Night Live and totally digging it. I also remember Galoot totally making fun of me because I was way too old to be liking the Backstreet Boys.
04. Whitney Houston “I Will Always Love You” - Seen The Bodyguard WAY too many times. Don't like Whitney but love Costner. I have been known to belt this during lone car rides.
05. Madonna “Vogue” - Greta Garbo and Monroe, Dietrick and DiMaggio... Yeah, I could recite that whole passage... still can. Strike a pose there's nothing to it, Vogue.
06. Sir Mix-A-Lot “Baby Got Back” - Former super blogher Sherri would sing this all.the.time. She's little in the middle but she's got much back!
07. Britney Spears “…Baby One More Time” - I just remember thinking - "that chick is 16?" WTH
08. TLC”Waterfalls” - Didn't one of these chicks have condoms on her glasses or something?
9. R.E.M. “Losing My Religion” - Awwww shit. This is another one that Sherri sang A LOT. I love R.E.M. so I sang right along with her. Plus, Mr. Social played the guitar and Mandolin so I seem to remember him playing it a lot.
10. Sinéad O’Connor “Nothing Compares 2 U” - Another song I've belted during drive time.
11. Pearl Jam “Jeremy” - We went to Lollapalooza in 92 and Pearl Jam rocked. Our friend RJ was with us and he kept singing this song but he'd made up his own verse which I can't help but sing everytime I hear this song, "Jeremy got his pant leg caught in his spoke and .... fell off his bike."
12. Alanis Morissette “You Oughta Know” - bought this CD one weekend when I'd just broken up with a guy and Sherri and I drove to Key West. 'nuff said.
13. Dr. Dre (featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg) “Nuthin’ but a “G” Thang” - Should I know this song?
14. Mariah Carey “Vision of Love” - Mariah before she went cuckoo
15. Red Hot Chili Peppers “Under the Bridge” - another one from that Lollapalooza, and Under the bridge downtown Fort lauderdale - Squeeze! (great club)
16. MC Hammer “U Can’t Touch This” - this feels like it came out in the 80's. All I can see is those pants
17. Destiny’s Child “Say My Name” - I don't get what's so great about Destiny's Child.
18. Metallica “Enter Sandman” - One of the only Metallica songs I could probably even identify. My freind Sylvia went on the road with them as their "laundry girl" (ie, she dropped out of college and rode on the bus and slept with one of them). This is always what I think about when I hear Metallica.
19. Beastie Boys “Sabotage” - I can picture the video. Bad wigs. Loved it.
20. Hanson “MMMBop” - I like this song. I heard it the other day and still liked it. I wish I could understand the lyrics though.
21. Celine Dion “My Heart Will Go On” I hate this song. I disliked this song so much, I didn't see Titanic (until about a year ago) and I won't see it again.
22. Beck “Loser” I remember thinking this applied to many people I knew then.
23. Salt-N-Pepa with En Vogue “Whatta Man” - Ummm, I remember this. I don't remember liking it but I'm sure I've sung along to it in the car at one time or another.
24. House of Pain “Jump Around” - I really liked this when it came out but got annoyed by it quickly when I heard it played in every club, where everyone, jumped.
25. Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun” - Liked this one. Chris Cornell looked cute for a split second in this one.
Too much to do all in one sitting... I'll do 25 at a time.
Good night!

Hello. I remember my daughter playing many of the songs you have posted so far. I also remember her playing with her Fuzzy Pumper when she was ten years old. I see that you were looking unsuccessfully for one back in March, 2006. I am selling that set in its original box on eBay starting this Sunday. The price is starting at only 99 cents, I believe. See the posting by Galdor41 on eBay starting sometime February 10.
Posted by
MountainMan41 |
1:17 PM
Oops! I did not see the place to check the box so you could respond via email to my comments. I just left a comment about the Fuzzy Pumper play set by Kenner (1977). Will put a check in the email box with this added comment.
Posted by
MountainMan41 |
1:28 PM