« Home | Painted Post » | Gone but not Forgotten... at least I hope... » | JAM ON IT » | What Up? » | Think Outside the Pox » | GAH! » | Where I've BEAN » | 13 Movie Girlfriends » | Movies » | Note to Others » 

Sunday, July 15, 2007 

Testing, testing... Is this thing on?

Just checking to see if once again, anyone is still listening. Since last post I successfully completed the garage doors (*phew*). Fourth of July came and went (rainy and dreary all day long), Mom and Aunt Mary hit town (my kids are being spoiled beyond belief), and I have purchased 3 pairs of shoes on sale at Bon Ton (we are talking 70% off people - I HAD to buy them). My feets is feelin' fantabulous.

Last Friday night, I actually attended a show at the amphitheater where I work. Now, I had attended tons of stuff in the Amp when I was a kid (Neil Sedaka, Don McLean and Rita Coolidge to name a few - yeah, I'm old) - but I have never found the time to take in a show since starting this job 6 years ago. So who was the lucky performer? - Ronan Tynan, and he was hot, white hot.

I'm going to guess about 3/4 of you have just said under your breath, "Who the fuck is Ronan Tynan?" (I'll assume the expletive was less severe for those who find it necessary to censor themselves). Ronan Tynan, my friends, is 1/3 of the original Irish Tenors (my Irish-geek flag is now flying). He's amazingly talented, hitting each note with perfect pitch, every time. Take a sec and read his bio (in brief, he's also a doctor, has two prosthetic legs, was a paralympian, and loves the Buffalo Sabres - he's a god in this neck of the woods!) This concert was a departure from his usual stuff and he was totally spot on. He did a little Springsteen, a Leonard Cohen song (I thought of you Princess) but didn't disappoint, throwing in a few Irish favorites. The highlight of the evening for Preppygirl was when Mr. Tynan and the band (also phenomenal) returned for an encore and performed Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2 - brilliant.

How was your weekend??

Sounds like a great time. I had a great weekend, too. Cookout, play at the park, even some time to just be lazy. Now the start of my workweek, that's a whole other story...

I'm glad you had a great weekend. I'm going to have to look at the Ronan Tynan info when I'm not at work, because I thought I had heard of him (but I can never be sure of anything). My weekend wasn't too bad; got caught up on some housework and had an interesting church service ;-).

Friday, went to memorial park here in Dunkirk. All the grass is just dead dead dead, but the weather was lovely by the lake. Spent most of the rest of the weekend watching really bad movies. I'm glad it rained though, the plants need it.

i thought you meant he was "hot" as in you want to have sex with him, so i clicked the link and was a little surprised to see what i thought was rudy guliani (or however you spell it).

anywho. i took mazzy to see Transformers and i really liked it.

Honey, I would cut off both of my legs and surgically alter my face to look like a Shrek/Sloth love-child if it meant I could continue to be your baby's daddy. That's the love I have for you.

I'm out.

OMG, hilarious. he totally does look like shrek!!

3C - We could use a good cookout here! - oh Galooooooot...

Sailor - Don't be too shocked when you look up Ronan - he's got ears only a mother could love.

Dave - I'm with ya on needing the rain. It is so sad to see the grass getting this brown. Maybe tonight! - I too have a habit of watching really bad movies. What's up with that?

PSlea - I gotta see Transformers! Ronan did make a joke about auditioning for Shrek the Musical. He was fairly hysterical.

Galoot - You're white hot too baby. Kisses!

Thankfully, I don't just watch bad movies. I saw Transformers too, it was grand!

I actually heard him sing at the gala for The President's Cup awhile back. He has a fabulous voice and yes, he does resemble Shrek.

Post a Comment