Ours are just starting to fall alot this week. That should make our neighbors, who have been using their leafblower every weekend since early September (for what, I'm not sure) very happy.
Ours started really falling over the weekend and seeing how we bought and older house with a VERY mature (read 5 very large trees) we will commence raking and bagging this weekend trying to stay ahead of the curve but it probably won't help.
Our neighborhood is only 6 years old and used to be a farm, so we have very puny trees in our yard. Especially compared to these! Do you make big piles for the kids to jump in?
Our house sits on half a lot. Then we have a lot's worth of yard to the right (you can see a third of it in the picture) and half a lot behind the house.
There are at least 4 massive trees behind the house (easily extending 30 feet beyond our roof).
While most of the remaining trees are pines, we get a lot of our leaves from other homes and the rest of our property (another 2 lots) that act as a wooded buffer behind our proper yard.
Went for a walk in a wooded area a few minutes from home, and the trail was covered with leaves. The wind of the last few days helped detached quite a few - we even have some in our yard (from neighbor), but no raking for us - we only have an evergreen! Didn't want a leafy tree, too much work!
I don't rake leaves, I love the way they look and sound crunching beneath my feet. Plus,I guess we are fortunate that Monkey's step dad has some kind of lawn mower leaf mulcher thing that he will use on our lawn later in the season so we don't have to deal with them.
Galoot - thanks for the ups baby. And those trees in the back? - easily three times as tall as the house I would say. 3C - I wish we had a leaf blower, then again, there are too many leaves to blow. We just mulch. FlyB - I'm with ya on the old house thing. Have fun bagging those leaves but DON'T overdo it! -r- large leaf piles will surely be in our plans this weekend! SPaw - we have several large evergreens too. They're so pretty when it snows - did I say snow? Yikes. Slea - I'm with on the whole mulching thing. It's the way to go!
And I get to mulch the leaves this weekend...
Big ups to PGirl for her recent yard work!
Posted by
Galoot |
1:56 PM
Ours are just starting to fall alot this week. That should make our neighbors, who have been using their leafblower every weekend since early September (for what, I'm not sure) very happy.
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:58 PM
Ours started really falling over the weekend and seeing how we bought and older house with a VERY mature (read 5 very large trees) we will commence raking and bagging this weekend trying to stay ahead of the curve but it probably won't help.
Posted by
Anonymous |
2:42 PM
Our neighborhood is only 6 years old and used to be a farm, so we have very puny trees in our yard. Especially compared to these! Do you make big piles for the kids to jump in?
Posted by
-R- |
2:49 PM
The photo doesn't do our yard justice.
Our house sits on half a lot. Then we have a lot's worth of yard to the right (you can see a third of it in the picture) and half a lot behind the house.
There are at least 4 massive trees behind the house (easily extending 30 feet beyond our roof).
While most of the remaining trees are pines, we get a lot of our leaves from other homes and the rest of our property (another 2 lots) that act as a wooded buffer behind our proper yard.
Leaves us alone!
Posted by
Galoot |
4:00 PM
Went for a walk in a wooded area a few minutes from home, and the trail was covered with leaves. The wind of the last few days helped detached quite a few - we even have some in our yard (from neighbor), but no raking for us - we only have an evergreen! Didn't want a leafy tree, too much work!
We're lazy and loving it! ;-)
Posted by
stinkypaw |
10:51 PM
I don't rake leaves, I love the way they look and sound crunching beneath my feet. Plus,I guess we are fortunate that Monkey's step dad has some kind of lawn mower leaf mulcher thing that he will use on our lawn later in the season so we don't have to deal with them.
Posted by
princess slea |
11:27 AM
Galoot - thanks for the ups baby. And those trees in the back? - easily three times as tall as the house I would say.
3C - I wish we had a leaf blower, then again, there are too many leaves to blow. We just mulch.
FlyB - I'm with ya on the old house thing. Have fun bagging those leaves but DON'T overdo it!
-r- large leaf piles will surely be in our plans this weekend!
SPaw - we have several large evergreens too. They're so pretty when it snows - did I say snow? Yikes.
Slea - I'm with on the whole mulching thing. It's the way to go!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
3:55 PM