13 Terms My Kids Use to Describe Things
Kids don't always get things quite right. Here's a list of real-life words/phrases and their counterparts in kid-speak:
- Making out - my daughter says "Naking Out." When I tried to correct her she said it was NAKING out because they get Naked. God help me.
- Excuse Me - my daughter used to say "Scoozie."
- Blanket - both my kids say "Blankly," at which point I stare at them blankly.
- Brother, Father, Mother - my daughter says "Brudder, Fodder, Mudder."
- Magazine - my daughter says, "MAZA-GEEN," then promptly tells me how hard it is to say.
- Spaghetti - instead of the usual "Ba-sketti" my son says "Ska-betti." Cute.
- Airplane - my son says very clearly, "HAIR -PLANE."
- Nipples - my daughter used to call them "Meatballs."
- Mower - my son says "Mow-der."
- McDonald's - when my daughter was younger it was simply known as "Happy Meal."
- Suit Case - my daughter called it a "Bathing Suit" for quite a while (or was it the other way around?)
- Coochie - my daughter could never say this when she was younger and still refers to her privates as her "Chookie."
- My son has a football book. When I point to the picture of Ben Roethlisberger my son has said the following: Hamburger, Cheeseburger, Chicken Nugget, McDonald's and Pepperoni.
Ah, they crack me up. Anyone else heard any good ones?

These are really the only two words our son uses with any regularity that have his own special twist...he tends to correct himself after hearing a word a few more times. But I enjoy these:
Restaurant - Restaurcont
Spaghetti - Fughetti
For quite some time, when he said garbage truck (and that was more frequently than you might think) he would give it an extra syllable saying "Gargarbage truck." It was so cute...and then one day he just started saying it without the extra syllable. I was so proud of him, but almost sad in a weird sort of way...End of an era and all that.
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:10 PM
When my daughter was little, it was bankie and binky. She would get very angry with me when I did not know whether she wanted the blanket or binky. Her day is here! *insert evil laugh of the grandmother*
Posted by
Gail Martin |
4:22 PM
Pickup Truck = Hickup Truck
Concession Stand = Confession Stand (and we aren't even Catholic)
Popcorn = Hop Hop
I love Naking out - I might get to to that tonight :0
Audrey told a friend last year that sex was laying on a bed and kissing, I just hope she keeps thinking that...
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:00 PM
Your son is hungry for some Roethlisberger. And really, who could blame him?
Posted by
-R- |
5:40 PM
airport= airplaneport
helicopter= hoptercopter
the boy refers his to privates as his "naked" as in "ouch, I hurt my naked."
i laughed out loud that the kids call mcdonald's Happy Meal.
Posted by
princess slea |
7:16 PM
First time I went to a funeral and had to offer my condolences, I wasn't quite sure what to say (my folks dind't tell me what I had to say, but only said to folloe them, which I did), so when I got to the wife I say: "My spaghettis" - that's what I had heard (or so I thought)!
For the longest time, I'd say "gamazine" instead of magazine!
And finally, I was watching the young boy of a friend who was playing with his trucks, when he pointed at me and said "Dumb fuck". I was completely stunned. Turns out he used to say that when he wanted his "dump truck"!
Posted by
stinkypaw |
9:49 PM
My cousin used to call a kiss a tit and would say before bed "I wanna hug and a tit".
Posted by
Froggylady |
4:30 PM
3C - I love Fughetti. It almost sounds like swearing in Italian or something.
Gail - My mother reminds me all the time this is retribution!
FlyB - Ha! - Confession stand. The church might want to cosider that for some extra cash!
R- Poor Ben. If only his passing game were as tasty as his name.
Slea - can't wait for our kids to get together and compare "notes."
SPaw - Love the dumb fuck thing. Too funny.
WN - my kids say the same thing about lo mein. And nipples = pepperoni? That could make for some interesting pizza...
Kat - That made me laugh out loud!!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
11:15 AM
Heard yesterday at my house:
mac-ri-oni
When she ever says it correctly I will know she is grown. :)
Posted by
shpprgrl |
7:28 PM
My daughter loves to surf the internet on her Pah-cuter.
Posted by
Mr. Social |
11:28 AM
nice to meet you, preppygirl.
i open your blogger by chance and lt left me good impresssion.
i'm a senior student in china,preparing further studying examination recently.
i want to collect some beautiful english sentences for my writting
but it is a different job for me.
consequently,i need your help and gathering. could you help me?
i waiting your reply. thank you.
my blogcn:
http://www.blogcn.com/user21/cpmemory/index.html
e-mail:cpmemory@126.com
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:27 AM