Jeudi Treize
Yes, that's Thursday 13 en français (thank you Stinkypaw for the html code!) Here are thirteen places I have visited and LOVED:
- Key West (always number one with me)
- Paris (I've been twice. C'est magnifique!)
- Ireland (I have never seen any place so green. I drove around the whole country on the wrong side of the road. Yes I want a medal.)
- Chicago (Greatest city in the world. I have many fond memories here.)
- London (I went in the fall and the leaves were beautiful)
- Amsterdam (I was only there a couple of days. The falafels where heavenly.)
- NYC ( I was at a theater conference and saw 4 broadway shows in 3 days, phew!)
- Hamburg (excellent Weizen beer)
- Munich (we spent a whole week here with a German friend and it was AMAZING - beer gartens galore)
- Cincinnati (Galoot did most of his growing up just across the border in Kentucky so we visit this fine city often)
- Toronto (if you have never been there, go now! Good shopping, good food & Second City!)
- Destin, FL (white sand, good food & drink, beautiful beaches)
- I can't pick just 13! Good times have also been had in: Coconut Grove/Miami, Delray Beach, Albuquerque, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Long Island, Baltimore, Naples, Cleveland, Buffalo, Syracuse, Boston, Lake Cumberland and , of course, Fort Lauderdale.
What are your favorites?

Oooh...The bilingual version of the Thursday 13. Sweet.
1. Our cruise stopped there on our honeymoon
3. Hubby went there with his family years ago. I've not been there.
4, 7, Buffalo and Boston - Been there
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:07 PM
My overall favorite would have to be Ireland.
The only place I love that is not on your list is southeast Maine.
Posted by
-R- |
5:44 PM
C'est magnifique indeed!
Posted by
Buffy |
9:53 PM
Mais qu'est-ce qu'il se passe avec le français?! Cela m'a fait grand plaisir pour le code, et ce n'était vraiment pas un problème!
Ireland is a must see on my list, NYC simply loved it, so lively! But I don't really like Toronto, I find it cold.
You must add Montreal to your list of places to see, if you enjoyed Toronto you'll loved Montreal (and that's beside the fact that I'm here!!)
Posted by
stinkypaw |
10:57 PM
3C - I've seen many a cruise ship docking at the port in Key West. A cruise sounds fun!
R - a girl I work with returned from a Maine va-ca on Monday. I was just telling her how that's one place I've always wanted to visit. I should plan to go!
Buffy - J'adore Paris! et merci pour votre visite!
SP - I would LOVE to visit Montreal! Another place to put on my list.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
12:17 PM
I haven't been to Key West but my two experiences with the Keys were not great. Remember the barracuda and getting "lost at sea?" The other Key experience was when Magda and I went with a bunch of Tropical Garden people and they thought they were going to catch lobsters. They pulled off on some remote swampy "key" and we were infested by mosquitos and sand fleas.I hid out with RJ in this truck with the windows rolled up and the 100 degree heat. I recall RJ saying the next day "thumbs down on this camping trip."
Paris would be nice if you had money when you visited. The cemetary was my favorite thing about that city (la tour Eiffel suckez vouz)
Chicago is the GREATEST city on the planet.
A'dam, Munich, along with Nuremburg and Berlin have some fun memories there. Prague was very cool.
I can't agree with you on the NYC though. I thought it was dirty, crowded, dark, and some places were smelly. Sorry to all you hard core NYC people but I'm used the clean nice bright and breezy city of Chi town. Western NY on the other hand is my "home away from home" and I adore it.
Ahhh Fort Lauderdale. Maybe it was the fact that we were young and free or maybe the city itself but it holds a special place in my heart. I learned A LOT of lessons there.
I'll agree with you on Miami, Albuquercue, Minneapolis (what a cool city), Baltimore, and I've never spent time in Cleveland but you know I want to stop there on my way through to see you one of these times.
I have to add SEATTLE.
(guess i should have made my own list)
Posted by
princess slea |
1:35 PM
BARRACUDA! Uh, ya. I remember that very clearly. It did not help with my pre-existing fear of fish nipping at my toes. That thing chased us!
Ya, Paris was expensive. We did the cemetery too. We were broke so we bought some cheese, bread & wine and just jammed them into the mini-bar fridge every night. We should've gone together!
Galoot's step dad is in Prague right now. I hear that's wonderful too.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
2:26 PM