Panties, Poodles & Pedicures
Soooo, since last I posted, many things have been going on in the life of Preppygirl. Here's what I've been up to:
- My daughter has been experiencing a "log jam" so to speak. This has resulted in her consumption of every type of fruit juice known to man. This of, course resulted in some leakage (are you grossed out yet?). Poor thing. After a little accident at my mother-in-law's, I found myself hanging my daughter's (washed out) panties out the car window for a quick air dry on the way to a birthday party.
- My mom arrived Sunday night. She very graciously agreed to take the dog to the groomer's for me Monday morning. He is a standard poodle and REALLY shaggy (which we like, but it was getting out of hand). I talked to the groomer on the phone and asked her to just trim him up a bit (we don't want him to actually look all foofy like a poodle). Well... unfortunately, his fur was matted under his eyes and chin so it had to be shaved off completely. When I picked him up, I very seriously didn't recognize him. I kept thinking, "Galoot is gonna kill me, Galoot is gonna KILL me." He looks like a poodle. And to top it off, they'd tied a rainbow striped kerchief around his neck and gave him a pom pon on his stubby little tail. Great.
- I finally used a gift certificate my mom gave me for a pedicure. I was almost embarrassed to have one (my feet were SO bad). Damn it felt good. And I picked "Edin-burghundy" for the color (in honor of Galoot's trip to Edinburgh, Scotland). I topped the whole treatment off with a new toe ring. My feets is lookin' fine!
A few more days of Mom, then Galoot comes back. Seems like he's been gone for eons. Can't hardly wait!

That title caught my attention...My first thought was that somehow the three were all related...Thankfully that's not the case, that would have been freaky, no doubt.
Friends of ours would end up a with a kerchief on their schnauzer every time he got groomed. I'm not completely sure why they do that at the groomer...
Posted by
Anonymous |
1:29 PM
Nice to read that you are still alive, I thought you were MIA!
Poor pp,jr she must have felt really bad, good idea for the air dryer!
Wanna see that toe ring, c'mon!
Soon your man will be home, hold on, only a few more days!!!
I feel like such a doofus!!! I missed your anniversary! Happy belated Anniversary you guys!!! Doofus!! Such a doofus!!!
Posted by
stinkypaw |
3:52 PM
Pom pom + rainbow kerchief? Maybe your dog groomer is trying to tell you something about your dog...
Posted by
-R- |
2:02 PM
3 - yes the combination of panties, a poodle and pedicure would have been interesting for sure!
WN - I was absolutely positive that everyone would want to know these things - heh.
SP - Don't worry about missing my anniversary, my husband did too! Well, not exactly... he did send flowers and they are purdy!
A toe ring picture may follow...
R - I know! My mom was calling him "Brokeback Puppy" when I brought him back (not that there's anything wrong with that). :D
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
2:58 PM
I have to give myself a mini-pedi before I can get one! Enjoy!
Posted by
shpprgrl |
6:04 PM
I never had a pedicure, but other people have told me they're heaven. Must try.
Posted by
Gunngirl |
11:35 PM