Wikimeme!
Thanks to Stinkpaw for the following meme. Here goes:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. One holiday or observance (if any).
6. Tag 5 more peoples - if you feel like it.
June 24
3 EVENTS
- 1374 - A sudden outbreak of St. John's Dance causes people in the streets of Aachen, Germany, to experience hallucinations and begin to jump and twitch uncontrollably until they collapse from exhaustion.
- 1880 - First performance of O Canada, the song that would become the national anthem of Canada, at the Congrès national des Canadiens-Français.
- 1957 - The U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment.
2 BIRTHDAYS
- 1942 - Mick Fleetwood, musician (Fleetwood Mac)
- 1947 - Peter Weller, American actor (ROBO COP!)
1 DEATH
- 1987 - Jackie Gleason, American actor and musician (b. 1916)
HOLIDAYS
- Fête nationale du Québec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
How fun. I won't tag anyone but feel free to Wikimeme yourself!

That looks like fun. I may have to try that one.
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:07 PM
I learned about St. John's Dance and the Battle of Carabobo! Crazy!
Posted by
-R- |
6:20 PM
Give it a go FlyB. It was nice to post with little thought involved.
That St. John's Dance is effed up! And the Battle of Carabobo on my birthday? What are the odds? ;-D
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
8:38 PM
2 Canadian things on your birthday wow! and I also learned 2 things - just love to say Carabobo - that will be my "word of the day" Carabobo!
And Robo Cop, back then, what a jaw!
Posted by
stinkypaw |
8:47 AM
Hey Stinky... Carabobo rhymes with Robo! Love it.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
11:50 AM
Cool....I may have to do that. Stay tuned! ;)
Posted by
shpprgrl |
11:24 PM
I love wikipedia, it has everything. So convenient.
Posted by
Gunngirl |
2:27 PM
OMG that is such a good idea. :)
Cute blog - found you via shpprgrl. Love the little cartoony people (I can't remember what they are called. lol)
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:32 PM