« Home | Panties, Poodles & Pedicures » | Thursday 13 » | Dang I Need to Post! » | Al Gore Rocks! » | Thursday 13 » | Wikimeme! » | "Band" wagon » | Thursday 13 » | Funny Funny » | Why is the 4th of July? » 

Thursday, August 17, 2006 

Thursday 13

Okay let's see. I seriously can't think of 13 things on one subject. How sad. I think I'll repeat the same idea from a few weeks ago. 13 things I did since leaving work today:

  1. Picked up my daughter at the sitter (this is sounding familiar)
  2. Let the dog out (who let the dogs out? - prep, prep, prep, prep)
  3. Filled out a Pre-Kindergarten app. for my son (yes, he's only 2 but he'll be eligible for 2007 and it fills up quickly around here!)
  4. Shucked corn while Galoot grilled some sausages in the back yard.
  5. Looked out the window to see three foot flames shooting from the grill.
  6. Galoot motioned for a spray bottle of water - I ran upstairs for one.
  7. I attempted to give him the bottle when he said "TONGS!!" (apparently pinching your thumb and index finger together is the sign for "tongs," not "spray bottle").
  8. Boiled the corn and drank a beer.
  9. Talked about the "seeing-eye horse" my daughter saw at school yesterday (it was this little horse, about the size of a large dog, named Panda).
  10. Watched Galoot eat some charred Italian sausage.
  11. I played it safe and just ate the corn.
  12. Tried to think of two more things for this list.
  13. Gave up and posted.

Hope y'all had a great week!

The best schools fill up early. You're smart, it's good to prepared. ;)

Man! Just reading your post I almost feel out of breath and I'm craving a corn!

Do you ever grill your corn? That's pretty much the only way we eat corn on the cob. Shuck it, butter it, wrap in it foil, grill it. Yummy!

SG - Always be prepared!

SP - The corn was awesome. Galoot and I each had two ears (of corn, that is). We also each have two ears on our head.

3C - I considered grilling it, but based on Galoot's flamethrowing act, I think I made the right decision.

WN - never a dull moment.

I also would have thought that was the sign for water bottle.

A seeing-eye horse? Seriously? Were they out of dogs? I don't understand.

R - I could see all my blog readers collectively pinching their thumb and forefingers together to see what it looked like. He's such a big Galoot.

Not sure about the whole seeing eye horse. Seems like one of those, "let's see if we can get this little horse to lead around blind people so we can take it on the pre-school touring circuit" kind of things.

We are about to start working on private school apps ourselves so i totally feel your pain. Ughh.

Post a Comment