« Home | Jeudi Treize » | Weekend Update » | Maniacal Friday » | Thursday 13 - STOLEN! » | Kindy-garten! » | Thursday 13 - Why the Hell Not? » | Writer's Block Strikes Again » | Check out the View... » | While It's Still Wednesday » | Thursday 13 » 

Friday, September 15, 2006 

Hot Date

For lack of anything more interesting, I think I will tell a story about one of the first times Galoot and I went out.

It was probably about date #4 or so. He decided to take me to a party (more like a get-together) at a friend's apartment (Richard Roundtree). I remember Galoot wanted to pick me up in his truck (which was aptly named "Truck"). I was freaking a bit as I'd decided to wear white jeans and the seats of Truck were so nasty I was afraid of stain transfer. I think I just slid some magazines under my butt before sitting down. In any case, we made it over to the apartment and went inside.

This was your typical, intoduce-my-new-girlfriend-to-my-friends kind of evening. I felt awkward and everyone there just pretty much ignored me (which, in retrospect, was completely fine with me). But Galoot was more than attentive, trying to be all suave and dashing. We walked into the kitchen where he offered me a drink. Just before he began to pour me a glass of wine, he took off his sport coat and tossed it on the kitchen table. We started talking a little when we both smelled smoke. What the? We looked around slowly, thinking maybe it was the smokers outside. I kinda shrugged it off until I glanced over a the kitchen table a few seconds later. "Shit - Galoot, IT'S YOUR COAT!" I screamed. Apparently, he had not noticed the big LIT candle in the middle of the kitchen table before he threw his jacket down. He quickly outted the flames but the jacket was ruined. Smooth move.

Afterward, we drove home and he pulled out a little present for me. It was the book of SNAPS. I laughed so hard I cried trying to read these ("Your mama's so fat, she wears a VCR as a beeper" comes to mind). He's so romantic. Ahh, memories.

Hope you all have a HOT date this weekend too!

Threw his coat on a candle?!? Ha! I love the posts that make me nearly burst out laughing at my desk..."That sure was a funny invoice I just paid..."

Galoot and H are definitely related! Guess what H's truck is named? Trucky!

I hope you were very impressed by Galoot's smooth move.

Galoot and H are definitely related! Guess what H's truck is named? Trucky!

I hope you were very impressed by Galoot's smooth move.

By the title of the post, I thought you would write about the "burning sausage" date.

I'm appalled that you used the fucking "s" word on your thrid date.

Wow, he was smooth. That tory cracks me up. As my blogfriend once said.....

This one goes out to the one I love.

FIIIRRRRRE - ER!

(Sound familiar? I couldn't resist!) :)

Sweet story! That's what you call a "smoookin' date"! I'd say you were brave period to wear white pants, even for a preppy girl! ;-)

3C - glad you found that "invoice" so funny (*wink*)

R - Truck & Trucky? That's scary.

Galoot - perhaps a "burning sausage" post will follow

DB - I don't think you were at that party. It was mostly the girls who were ignoring me. I don't even know why Galoot argues about the color of Truck. He's colorblind!

Princess - Ya, I'm such a potty mouth.

Shpprgrl - I thought about the whole FIRE thing when I posted. I was inspired!

SP - I loved those white jeans. I'm sure I couldn't squeeze my butt into them now! :(

That is the cutest story. I love it when boys try to be Rico Suave and miss the mark. My friend had a date with a guy with a truck....(speaking of places to sit in it where you wont' get dirty). He picked up a hitchhiker and she had to sit on a lunchbox cooler between the two seats until they dropped him off. HAHAHAHA.
Oh and my boyfriend calls his truck the ugly truckling.
(what is it with boys and their trucks? weird).

Post a Comment