« Home | Clean Machine » | List Steal » | Treasure Trove » | Big Love » | Mom's Day! » | Rocket Science » | Whaddup - G? » | Oh say can you see? » | Rainy Days & Mondays... » | Hypocrite x 2 » 

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 

Blog It Out!

When I got to work today, my cute little Mary Engelbreit calendar had a fitting verse displayed:
"A happy marriage has in it all the pleasures of friendship, all the enjoyments of sense and reason and indeed, all the sweets of life."


Having said that (or typed that, or read that - you know what I mean), I would just like to clear the air a little about my previous post.

1. It is MY blog and I am allowed to vent if I feel like it (and so I did).
2. I, in no way, said my husband doesn't do anything. I was simply complaining about the cleanliness of the kitchen area of my home.
3. I was not complaining ONLY about my husband. There are two children and a dog who also make a mess there.
4. I did not backtrack or back down from my original post. I agreed with some points and tried to make light of the situation. I'd do it again.
5. As much as I love my husband, I'll have to disagree on one point. I think I spend WAY more time doing things each week than he does. I'm sure he doesn't realize this, and I don't throw it in his face (until now I guess), but in all honesty - I am home, with the kids, all the time (when I'm not at work, that is). We all know what that entails - a million little things that maybe he never even thinks about. And I am TOTALLY cool with that. I like being with my kids and we have a routine down. And I KNOW he can't exactly help it - his job requires him to be away for MANY hours (which is why he recently resigned). I know he wants to do more but he just can't right now.

Look, he is wonderful, smart, funny as hell and the sweetest guy I have ever met. If he ever leaves me, I'll be lost. But if I've got a "beef" about something I'm gonna "blog it out."

Aaah. I feel better.

And by the way, he stayed up and folded all the laundry (I'd put in the dryer earlier) when he got home last night. Gotta love that!

By putting into writing what was making you crazy, it sounded like there was some resolution to the problem. Being married, you will not always agree. In spite of the times when the guys make us crazy, we love them like the very dickens and know deep down they are the greatest.

There are times when we all need to vent.

Reading your blog today I kept wondering: What happened? Why does she need to clear the air? It's her blog she can post whatever she wants! What is this about? I understand you wanting to do it and all, but it's your blog, your thoughts, your posts, so you write what you want! I think it's a privilege to be "allowed" to comment on your thoughts, to exchange and all, so you go ahead and say/write what you mean and mean what you say/write! and keep on loving your husband! ;-D

Thanks stinky, I knew I liked you! I shall blog on!

Post a Comment