« Home | Hypocrite x 2 » | I'm Having One of Those Days » | Stern » | 100 Things... » | Speaking of Disney... » | A Li'l More Disney... » | Steal the Word Cloud... » | Sunday Best » | Back at Last! » | Trip So Far » 

Monday, May 08, 2006 

Rainy Days & Mondays...

Don't ya just love getting bitched out for something that isn't your fault? That's how my Monday's going so far. And the guy who did the bitching will likely never apologize - that's fair eh?

I distribute sales figures twice a week. I was asked to send these out on Tuesday and Thursday mornings by noon (and I have an e-mail to prove it). I usually send Tuesday's figures out on Monday (since they are also needed for an early morning meeting on Tuesday). I often send them before lunchtime on Monday to get it out of the way. Today I decided to wait a bit so my staff could process some orders which had come in via the internet on the weekend. At five mintues 'til noon my assistant was met with the following phone call:

Angry VP: "Where is my report!?!?"
Assistant: "I thought you needed it on Tuesday, not Monday"
Angry VP: "She always sends it on Monday"
Assistant: "Yes but we are hoping to include more sales by doing it
later in the day. You'll still get it today."
Angry VP: "I changed it to Monday weeks ago - she always sends it on
Monday!"
Assistant: (to me) "He says he changed the days?" (A look of "WTF" comes
over my face)
Assistant: (reading my look, oh so well) "She is not aware of any changes
to the schedule. We'll send a report in a few minutes."
Angry VP: "FINE!" (*SLAM*)

At this point several e-mails are exchanged between the VP and myself, including the one where he specifically asks for reports on Tuesday and Thursday (I'm not letting him off the hook that easily!). At the same, time VP's assistant is IM-ing me "Don't take that crap from him! He's so dramatic. He's trying to intimidate you!" The funny thing is, I am so NOT intimidated. This guy is a control freak and can't accept the fact that he never told me he needed the reports a day earlier. It just so happens, in my own control freakiness, I was sending the report on Mondays (a whole day earlier than he needed it) to make sure he had it on time. To make a long story short (too late) he screwed up, not me. I decided to take a trip down to his office to give him the chance to apologize (I hope y'all aren't holding your collective breath...)

He was terribly civil but OF COURSE couldn't muster up an "I'm sorry." Pitiful.

I was careful NOT to apologize for anything though. Sometimes you have to find satisfaction in knowing you are right, and THEY are wrong. Bureaucracy sucks.

Grr...Hubby used to have a supervisor like that. She would put everyone through the wringer over some crazy "problem" that would end up being no problem at all. Once, at the end of such an ordeal, she actually said "I guess no one did anything wrong." I think she was disappointed...

I actually like this guy most of the time (or maybe I've just learned how to live on his "good" side). I just felt like, of all the people at this place who do half-assed work, I can't believe he was complaining about me - the perfectionist, the over achiever, the preppy girl! Jeesh.

Ohhh I have worked for my share of those VP's over the years and that is why I always have huge personal files on my e-mail, I save everything, just in case.

Hope you had a better day!

When are the Jackasses of this world going to realize that the sun does not rise simply to shine on their country club asses? I'll tell you when... after someone uses the bomb and then I get to go all Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome on the lot of 'em. Until then, I will smiley politely, nod a lot, and dump rat poison in their coffee mugs when they are at Golf luncheons.

Post a Comment