« Home | Speaking of Disney... » | A Li'l More Disney... » | Steal the Word Cloud... » | Sunday Best » | Back at Last! » | Trip So Far » | Off to Fort La-ti-dah! » | The Drop Off » | Baby Names » | Movie Addict » 

Monday, May 01, 2006 

100 Things...

I can't believe I've had my blog this long and haven't posted my 100 things. Taking a cue from flybunny, here goes:

1) I started this blog after being coerced by Sherri & Princess.
2) We were all friends (and sometimes roommates) in Florida.
3) The name PreppyGirl came from a story where Sherri used that term to describe me.
4) I don't really think I'm that preppy (okay, maybe a little)
5) My husband didn't know about this blog until a couple of months ago
6) I think some of the things I complained about really opened his eyes
7) I just spilled raspberry herbal tea all over my desk
8) It smells pretty fruity in here
9) I actually had raspberry cheesecake on saturday and raspberry jam on sunday
10) My husband is the funniest person I have ever met
11) My husband is the tallest person I have ever met
12) A mutual friend set us up at work
13) My husband's pick up line was "I hear you like beer"
14) I do like beer
15) I married at age 29
16) we had to pay our wedding DJ two hours overtime
17) we never really honeymooned
18) I had a baby 10 months after our wedding
19) had another baby 2 1/2 years later
20) Since I have one of each (girl/boy), I'm done
21) I broke my left ankle on the due date of my second child
22) it makes for a good story
23) My husband is an actor
24) he's done some extra work on films but mostly does theater and improv
25) I played Miep in a local production of Anne Frank
26) It was my only adult role
27) I used to play the violin
28) I still can, I just don't have a violin anymore
29) I started going gray at age 19
30) I have colored my hair ever since
31) Many people know me as a red head, but my natural color is brown
32) I'm back to brown now
33) I worked in a large perf arts center for 11 years
34) I still miss that job
35) I still hate that job sometimes too
36) Not sure how I feel about my job now
37) I mostly like it I think
38) I played basketball in high school
39) I was a cheerleader when younger
40) I went through an awkward stage and was thus no longer cool enough to cheer
41) I'm sure I'm better off because of it
42) My parents divorced when I was 13
43) My dad has been married 4 times
44) My mom , just the once
45) My in-laws are both remarried
46) This gives my kids a LOT of grandparents
47) I have one brother
48) He is INSANELY talented
49) I used to be jealous of him
50) He is the best artist I know, seriously
51) My brother and my husband formed an improv troupe together
52) My brother is the second funniest person I know
53) Sometimes when you say improv people think "dorky and cheesey comedy"
54) Their comedy is very "smart" and extremely funny
55) My husband has an MFA in theater
56) I finished my B.S. at age 33
57) I attended community colleges and evening classes while working full time
58) I feel like a missed out on campus life
59) But I had my fun (did I ever)
60) I went to community college on a full ride
61) I lost my scholarship after the first semester (bad preppygirl)
62) I dropped out of college full time when I got mono (no idea how btw)
63) I moved to Florida and didn't come back for 11 years
64) I don't like to read because it's hard for me to concentrate
65) I have been a little chubby for the better portion of my life
66) I've lost 20 pounds in the last year due to stress and anxiety
67) I'd put the weight back on if it would make me feel like the old me
68) I'm actually feeling better lately (and I can't really complain about the weight)
69) I hate it when people chuckle about the #69
70) It seems so sophomoric
71) I also don't especially like Mad TV for the same reason
72) I love SNL but I don't like Seth Myers
73) I also never got what was so great about Jimmy Fallon
74) I always loved Will Ferrell though
75) I just "get" his brand of humor
76) While I don't read much, I LOVE David Sedaris
77) His books are easy for me to read
78) I like to laugh
79) I shy away from serious movies
80) I prefer comedies, especially romatic comedies
81) I can't watch stressy stuff (suspenseful, uneasy stuff)
82) I am 5'9" but most people guess anywhere form 5'10 to 6'0
83) I think I'm big boned
84) I am 1/4 swede, 3/4 Irish
85) I've been to Ireland once (never been to Sweden)
86) I have 12 first cousins, all on my mom's side (Irish)
87) I've spent a lot of time in Chicago because my mom grew up there
88) I'd like to be an actress, or a teacher
89) Vince Guaraldi music calms me and reminds me of my childhood
90) I had braces for 3 years and now I need them again
91) I took tap & jazz for 10 years
92) I used to love going to school
93) I was often the teacher's pet
94) I like myself
95) except when I yell at my kids
96) I really like my in-laws (most of the time)
97) I love my parents
98) I love my friends, even though I don't see them much
99) I love my husband and children
100) My husband and I feel so lucky we often say "everybody wants to be us"