« Home | Okay, So About the Dog... » | The Boring Life I Lead » | Sick Day » | That's One Ugly Chick! » | DNA » | Holy Smokes!? » | Casual Friday, Dating my Dad, and Kid Bowl. » | PEDRO !!! » | Inspection Rejection! » | Karaoke On Demand - Who Knew? » 

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 

Puppy Time

Well, here he is. Saturday I went to "visit" the litter to see which pup I might want to take home. The owner pointed out two pups, Franklin and Asa, which she'd named after her grandfathers. Coincidentally, my husband's grandfather was also named Asa - it seemed like a sign. I set my sights on Asa and planned to return the next day to pick him up. The rest of the day was spent puppy shopping and I realized I didn't really even know what to buy - so, I played it by ear and picked up everything that seemed important (food, chew toy, kennel).

We picked him up on Sunday and he's adorable, of course. Now if I can just get him housetrained...

Very cute! Enjoy!

Again, I'll say it - I know it's not a substitution for housetraining, but puddlestoppers.com. I think we would probably keep one of those on any male dog we ever may have when we aren't home, whether he is housetrained or not. It's good insurance! Our dog doesn't mind wearing it either. The first time we put it on him, he rolled around like he was trying to get it off, but now I don't think he even notices. We put it on everytime he comes inside. The lady at puddlestoppers should pay us advertising fees or something - We recommend these to everyone, haha.

What a cutie!!!! I'm green with envy.

he totally looks like a stuffed animal.

He's so cute! Are you going to keep the name "Asa"? I kinda like it, although "Killer" would have been my first choice! :)

Princess - I thought the same thing about the stuffed animal - When I first saw the picture (before reading the post) I thought "Did she get a toy instead of a real dog?" He's very cute!

Ya, we'll keep the name. We didn't really have a good one and it seems to fit. There is a famous Asa. His name was Asa "Coke" Candler and he invented Coca-Cola. Len's grandpa was also named Asa Candler but was only a VERY distant relative of the famous guy (otherwise we'd be rolling in millions right now).

He actually FEELS like a stuffed animal too. He is SO soft and fluffy. I suspect that might not last for long...

Post a Comment