« Home | Sick Day » | That's One Ugly Chick! » | DNA » | Holy Smokes!? » | Casual Friday, Dating my Dad, and Kid Bowl. » | PEDRO !!! » | Inspection Rejection! » | Karaoke On Demand - Who Knew? » | The Electric Company-E-E-E » | Permanent Ink » 

Thursday, March 09, 2006 

The Boring Life I Lead

I am racking my brain trying to think of something to blog about. There is nothing. I was trying to think of anything I've done in the last 24 hours that was interesting enough to talk about. Here's a short list:

1. Did a lot of laundry
2. Worked
3. Read Blogs
4. Talked to my brother
5. Drank a beer with dinner
6. Grocery shopped on my lunch hour
7. IM'd Princess
8. Thought about getting a dog
9. Did some yoga
10. Put new shower rings on my shower curtain

Ya, that's about it. Now you know why I haven't blogged for two days. I hope something fun happens by tomorrow.

Oh wait - I did watch that "I Love Toys" on VH1 last night. I highly recommend!

Really, you're thinking of getting a dog? I thought my recent heartbreak might be a little discouraging...But, as hard as this has been, the pain is worth it for all the good times we had...and even the rough times. She was really an inspirational dog.

May I recommend a rescue dog? We got both of our dogs older from the local rescue. Everyone wants a puppy, but the older dogs have trouble getting homes.

New shower rings? Now I feel silly because I have had the same ones for a decade, haha

Well, the shower rings we had looked like they came from Office Depot... they were sold as "shower rings" but looked like the Rings from a 3 ring binder. The were getting the shower rod all rusty. Yuck.

The dog... well, we know someone who has some puppies, we've just been debating whether or not to take on the responsibility right now - and yes, I'll admit your post was rather timely. Not sure we'll get the dog but I'll keep ya "posted."

Just an FYI....it will be like having a 3rd child...oh wait, that's Len....like a 4th child. Seriously. And when it's a puppy they whine. And you can't go on vacation...etc.

But they are sweet.

Oh thanks Sherri! I know, it's a huge deal but the time seems right. Then again, we are going on vacation next month so... that will be tough. Maybe my dad would like a little company while we're gone...

I will teach it to say "Thank you almighty Sherri - WOOF!" then drop a quarter off its nose into a cup. Whaddya think?

Ooh! You also added me to your blogstalking list! I'm so honored!

Re the dog - I WANT ONE badly but am afraid I would be a bad dog owner. Oh, plus we aren't allowed to have doggies in our apartment. WHoops. Good thing I haven't gotten one yet.

Re boredom - I say drink lots. Or come to my house and clean it for me. I will entertain your children with balls of cat fur in the meantime.

you seriously don't want a dog do you?? think: hair everywhere, peeing in places it shouldn't (and pooping), jumping on people who come to visit, chewing up your favorite shoes or purses, whining and whimpering at night which is the only time you don't hear whining or whimpering from your children, the COST of having a pet ~ any pet (vet bills, special food, leashes, chains, dog house, kennel.....)and YOU know YOU ALONE will be responsible for that dog. YOU ALONE will have to find a dog sitter when you leave for more than a day. YOU alone will have to make vet appointments and take the dog for walks.
That being said, good luck with your decision. Not trying to be a downer but with all your health problems right now do you really want an extra thing to take care of?

Regarding dogs peeing where they shouldn't - www.puddlestoppers.com - only works for male dogs, but it has been a blessing for us - Basically you just put a depends-type pad inside this thing, wrap it around the dog's middle, and accidents are contained. We were able to stop using the carpet cleaning machine on a daily basis. For female dogs, we used puppy training pads for our female dog. She was at pretty good at using them.

Guinness Girl, be careful about inviting me, I just might show up. I owe Sherri a visit and I'm sure you don't live far away...

3carnations, am checking out puddlestoppers... I need all the help I can get.

Sherri & Princess, I know you are just looking out for me, but I am a big girl (literally and figuratively)... if I'm making a big mistake I'll just have to deal with it. BTW, can I bring my dog when I come to visit you? You KNOW I'm kidding about that one!

Post a Comment