My Kind of Town...
Chicago was great. Saw Princess and the kids (and enjoyed some AWESOME beef courtesy of Monkey). Also hung out with the Femme-Monkey and called Kat & on the road with her truck drivin' boyfriend. I believe we may have also sung "convoy" very loudly to her voicemail. Breaker breaker 1-9. 10-4 good buddy.
The rest of my trip was filled with shopping, long conference days and even longer conference nights. I must have increased my drink consumption pretty successfully as the week went on. Two drinks on Monday night(resulting in a headache Tuesday morning) had evolved to my drinking 7 beers by Thursday night and not even catching a buzz. I was definitely channeling my early 90's self. Word.
I did experience some firsts while in the Windy City, including the following:
All in all, a great trip. But I'm glad to be back.
The rest of my trip was filled with shopping, long conference days and even longer conference nights. I must have increased my drink consumption pretty successfully as the week went on. Two drinks on Monday night(resulting in a headache Tuesday morning) had evolved to my drinking 7 beers by Thursday night and not even catching a buzz. I was definitely channeling my early 90's self. Word.
I did experience some firsts while in the Windy City, including the following:
- Got to hold a Super Bowl Ring. Dang it was huge, and heavy and gold and diamond-y.
- Shopped, by myself, downtown, all day long. I've always been with somebody before which is cool but limits the places you can go. I ended up at a Starbucks at some point and after I got my food & latte, I almost didn't know what to do with myself. I sat down at a table, alone. It was weird. I felt like I didn't belong to anyone.
- Had a Buffalo Fajita - that's right, a fajita made with Buffalo meat. It was good but I don't think I'd order it again.
- Hailed a cab all alone. This was going great until I realized that there was no meter in the car, no license saying he was a cabby, no cb radio. I wasn't really scared, just pissed that I was clearly not getting a receipt for my 10 bucks.
- Visited the House of Blues. Cool venue, check it out - but be prepared to fork out at least $5.50 for a bottled beer (I am so spoiled living in a small town).
- Finally got to see an American Girl Store. I have two words for you CREEP.EEE. And yet, they still suckered me into some jammies and a pair of glasses for PGirl Jr's doll. Damn you American Girl, damn you.
All in all, a great trip. But I'm glad to be back.

Sounds like a fun time. I can see that AG store probably was a bit creepy and also expensive. Kidlet is just about out of the AG craze. I went to Big Lots the other day and thought of you. :)
Posted by
Anonymous |
9:47 PM
Lush!!!
Posted by
Galoot |
1:27 PM
Holy crap simply pink! - how the hell are ya? I have been to our BigLots twice in the last week - the newest find there? - Pep. Farm 15 grain bread for $1.50 - craziness.
Galoot - I was in awe of myself.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
11:08 PM
Glad to see you back. Read like a good time & no worries, you belong & were missed I'm sure...
P.S. You haven't lost this reader! ;-)
Posted by
stinkypaw |
12:36 AM
i talked to kat tonight. she made it safely home from her little "adventure"
she said they slept in parking lots and peed next to the cab at night. FUN!
Posted by
princess slea |
1:36 AM