« Home | 13 Things on My Dining Room Table That Shouldn't B... » | Testing, testing... Is this thing on? » | Painted Post » | Gone but not Forgotten... at least I hope... » | JAM ON IT » | What Up? » | Think Outside the Pox » | GAH! » | Where I've BEAN » | 13 Movie Girlfriends » 

Sunday, July 29, 2007 

Quittin' Time

If you read Princess's blog then I'm sure you've heard the rumor - PGirl landed a new job! I'm super excited - and a little scared - but I suppose that's to be expected. I'm not scared about the job itself, I'm more scared about stepping outside my usual routine. But hey, if we do not move forward we move backward, right? I'm quite certain I'm doing the right thing, despite several higher ups at work telling me otherwise. Note to said higher-ups: Your sudden concern for my well-being is too little, too late.

Having said that, I'm quite seriously not bitter. I am happy to be moving on. Maybe the next person who takes the job I've been holding won't expect growth the way I did. I guess I was just there long enough to know - it wasn't gonna happen for me, not there anyway. Good Luck trying to replace me! (okay, I totally realize I am not indespensible, no one is. Still, how can you replace the PGirl? Word.)

On some separate notes:

  • Mom has finally left town after a 3 week visit. We all miss her terribly, but it's nice to get back to just the four of us.
  • I got a new pair of MaryJane Crocs (courtesy of mom). After a not so successful attempt at wearing the original Cayman style (never fit me quite right) I am TOTALLY lovin' the MaryJanes. They get the PGirl seal of approval.
  • I've been watching "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" on BBCAmerica. As much as the *bleep*-ing annoyed me in the first few minutes, (Ramsay is a potty mouth to the nth degree) I didn't even notice it anymore by the end of the episode. It's like a car wreck, can't.stop.watching.
  • Another favorite from BBC - "How Clean is Your House?" Which should probably be called, "How Nasty, Dirty, and Disgusting is Your House?" If you need to feel better about the state of your own home, watch this. Guaranteed to lift your spirits (and probably make you vomit).
  • Galoot already finished the new Harry Potter in record time. Geek. I really have no interest in reading it (although I will surely see the rest of the movies as they come out). I still want to know how it ends though, and Galoot will tell me nothing - uber geek.
  • Did anyone see the Simpsons's movie? Is it okay for my kids?
How's things with y'all?

Again, big congrats for the new job! Change is good and scary, so it's all part of the process. And you do know you are irreplacable!

I just love Gordon Ramsay, foul mouth and all. He seems to be really nice at times too. But some people on there are pretty lame.

I heard the Simpson's movie wasn't really for kids (isn't it PG13)?!

Congrats again on the new job.

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books, nor have I seen the movies.

I haven't seen the Simpson movie, but I would guess it's not good for kids. As far as I'm concerned, the show isn't for kids. Definitely not preschool aged ones, anyway.

Congrats on the new job!

I'm 3/4 through the last Harry Potter with intentions of finishing it tonight. Galoot is a good man for not divulging its secrets.

I heard The Simpsons movie is good. Check the Buffalo News for their kids rating of it. Not sure which day this gets printed.

I love "How Clean Is Your House"! The British version is far better if just to watch Kim and Aggie freak out over smelly garbage bins, or using un-gloved hands to scratch at gunk. Plus, I think most of the dwellings in the British version would be candidates for Health Dept. raids in the U.S.

Congrats from me, too! I've been in my new job for 11 months (hard to believe) and although I miss the money I was making I am SO SO SO much happpier where I am now. And happiness is so important - I mean it's one of the most important things, isnt' it?

Steve is reading HP before me. So, I am avoiding any news related to the topic. We did see the new movie this weekend. It was good. We chose it over The Simpsons, but I'm sure we'll be there soon.

I own a pair of the Croc flip-flops and if I am not at work they are on my feet. I wear them all around the house and only take them off to get in bed or to get in the shower. I heart them.

I read the last chapter at Wegman's, just so I could look clued in when my family talks about it. I used to be an avid fan, then I missed one and somehow never got back into it.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

wow, spoiler alert.

i've never read any of the books, pefer to wait for the movies. i did finish Me Talk Pretty One Day and am half way through Naked though.

i don't watch THAT kitchen show. my heart belongs to BRAVO and Top Chef. Although this season doesn't seem to have "it" like the past two. Can't wait for Project Runway.

SPaw - I like G.Ramsay too. He seems really cool when he's helping people. I should've looked for the rating on that movie and I'd have known. I was more thinking about taking them to the drive-in where they show a double feature (and hope the kids would fall asleep by the time the Simpsons movie came on).

3C - Thanks for the congrats. My kids don't watch the Simpsons but they know who they are. If we have it on and the kids are around, I often don't feel the need to turn it off since the jokes are mostly over their heads (and hopefully Bart won't spew out a nice loud "who the hell are you?"). Still, I wouldn't subject them to the movie. I'd like to take them to Ratatouille though! Have you seen it?

Julia - I am now thinking everyone thought I was going to take my kids to the Simpson's movie to watch. I should've qualified that question with, "if my kids don't fall fast asleep after the first double feature at the Park 60 drive-in, does the movie contain any horribly adult themes or language?" Think that sounds better?

TCrowe - Happiness is important indeed, plus, in my case, it is a bit more money so... can't go wrong eh? I heart my crocs too!

TM - I totally skimmed the last chapter too. I just read enough to know who did (or didn't) die.

Anonymous - thanks for the info - I actually ended up reading the summary in entertainment weekly which was a great synopsis (i'm so lazy) and I'm sure Galoot is now disappointed in me.

Slea - I can easily read those David Sedaris books because they are basically short stories (I have no attention span). Plus they are freaking hilarious. Top Chef this season is meh.

I'm digging Top Chef this season for reasons that the producers might hate - no villains. Thankfully. And very few contestants seem to be about their image and their boasting (Hung, with his Marcel-lite persona, and Sandee who might have gone further if she spent as much time on her food as she did with her mohawk). Everyone seems to be in it for the food. At this point, either Hung is going to screw himself over by mouthing off to a judge about how they didn't "get it", or they'll mold him into this season's bad guy. We'll have to wait and see. And to anonymous - why? There are people who read this blog that haven't finished the book. Why don't you run into a movie theater and yell out "fire".

Congrats on the new job!!! I see where you were asking if someone had seen Ratatouille and we have, it is super cute. Great movie for the kids. (Took the boys to the drive in to see it and they actually watched.)

Congratulations on the new job!

A copy of the new Harry Potter was near the check out when we were in the drug store a week ago Sunday. My husband flipped to the end of the book just to see who died. We should never shop together.

Simpsons is not a movie for kids. No way, no how. Very funny for adults though!

I just jumped on the Harry Potter bandwagon and finished the first book. I'm reading them all the way through now that I know I won't have to wait for the last one. I'm not a patient person.

MommaHen - Thanks! - If your two can sit through Ratatouille I'll Pete would make it too. Cool!

Gail - Hey there! He flipped to the ending - ugh, me too. I'm partly too impatient and I partly knew I'd find out what happened before I see the movie anyway.

Kat - My MIL just started reading them too. I've actually listened to the first 4 books on CD. A guy by the name of Jim Dale reads them and they are awesome. I recommend it if you need something for your ipod or for a long drive.

Congratulations on the new job! I'll miss the photos of the snowy view outside your window! Kidlet swears by crocs but I don't have any yet. I do have some fake ones...as she says...that came from payless. That show makes me scared of my house. Really scared. :)

Congrats on the new job!!!

Post a Comment