I Got Heavy & He's My Brother
Am I the only one who feels five pounds heavier than I did on Wednesday? Unfortunately, I don't just feel five pounds heavier, I actually AM five pounds heavier. How is that possible? All I can say is thank God for my low waisted pants (which usually drive me nuts). Today they are allowing that extra five pounds in my gut to lop nicely over the waistband. Ugh.
Turkey day was much fun. Galoot's mom had us over for some serious food and desserts. Galoot made a nice cranberry chutney with cream cheese appetizer. The house smelled just amaahhhzing while he was cooking it (and it probably accounts for at least three of my extra five pounds). I did the early shopping thing Friday then headed out Friday evening to an art opening. Below you will see a not so flattering picture of my brother (Mr. Social) and me at said opening.

He clearly loves me despite the poodle 'do I'm sporting (it really didn't seem that poofy but hey - the camera doesn't lie). Props to Galoot for his mad photographic skills.
Saturday night found us at yet another performance by Galoot and Mr. Social's improv group. I most definitely had a headache from laughing too hard (Mr. Social's miming of the word "foreskin" was a definite highlight). Good times.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did!
Turkey day was much fun. Galoot's mom had us over for some serious food and desserts. Galoot made a nice cranberry chutney with cream cheese appetizer. The house smelled just amaahhhzing while he was cooking it (and it probably accounts for at least three of my extra five pounds). I did the early shopping thing Friday then headed out Friday evening to an art opening. Below you will see a not so flattering picture of my brother (Mr. Social) and me at said opening.

He clearly loves me despite the poodle 'do I'm sporting (it really didn't seem that poofy but hey - the camera doesn't lie). Props to Galoot for his mad photographic skills.
Saturday night found us at yet another performance by Galoot and Mr. Social's improv group. I most definitely had a headache from laughing too hard (Mr. Social's miming of the word "foreskin" was a definite highlight). Good times.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend as much as I did!

Err...Don't you mean mad photographic "skillz"?
The "poodle-do" is cute. Does your hair get curlier whenever you get it cut shorter? That's what mine used to be like. I'd think the curl was gone, then I'd get a haircut and POOF...it's baaaaaack....
Posted by
3carnations |
3:24 PM
Is your brother trying to lick your face?
Posted by
-R- |
5:40 PM
3C - Ya skillzzzzz - word. It definitely springs up when shorter. Boing.
R - I think he's trying to slip me some brotherly tongue - I mean love. ;-)
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
7:22 PM
Personally I love the poodle poof. I have as much hair on my entire head as you have in your bangs alone. Plus it's straight and baby fine.
Sigh.
What I wouldn't give for a thick poodle poof.
Posted by
Anonymous |
8:44 AM
I am going to have to come visit so that I can see one of these improv performances. Foreskin? Good times.
Posted by
-R- |
2:26 PM
Jenny - thanks - I think I got a little overzealous with the blow dryer that night. I should've taken a side by side comparison pic with our dog (a standard poodle). Next time...
R - 2nd Saturday of each month. Check it.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
3:47 PM
At least it was only 5. And the shopping you did burns calories!
Posted by
Anonymous |
11:47 PM
I think 3 pounds on Chutney is just about unavoidable. I woke up to on Thanksgiving morning, "You don't need water today do you?"
HUH? Broken water line in teh basement. No water. Unavoidable and since everything was closed. We were running back and forth to the neighbors. I wish he cooked.
Posted by
Traci McCush |
11:46 AM