The Land Down Under...
I am still laughing about something that happened at lunch today. My very conservative, Baptist, 62 year old assistant used the term "va-jay-jay" (turns out she was re-counting a scene from Grey's Anatomy). I can't even think about it without chuckling. I was also reading guinness girl's blog yesterday where she used the same term, along with hoo-hah (another favorite of mine) to describe her nether regions. It's got me to thinkin' about all the terms people have for their "privates." Here's a few I have used before:
1. Coochie (which my 4 year old pronounces "chookie")
2. Hoo-hah (sounds like a rodeo expletive)
3. Cooter (like the guy on Duke's of Hazzard - ewww!)
4. Va-gheena (German pronunciation as I recall)
and a couple of others I won't use here...
So my question to the blog reading world today is - what term do you use?
1. Coochie (which my 4 year old pronounces "chookie")
2. Hoo-hah (sounds like a rodeo expletive)
3. Cooter (like the guy on Duke's of Hazzard - ewww!)
4. Va-gheena (German pronunciation as I recall)
and a couple of others I won't use here...
So my question to the blog reading world today is - what term do you use?

At work, we call it the "private area." For example, if I am bathing a patient, I ask if she would like to wash her private area (unless she is a complete bath, in which case it's up to me).
I go with the terms "parts" or "girl parts" myself.
Posted by
MC |
2:40 PM
m.thom seems to have similarly vague terminology as myself...I tend to just use the term "stuff".
Posted by
Anonymous |
3:04 PM
I stole Va-Jay-Jay from Grey's Anatomy, too, I must confess.
Ooh! I spy a drinking game in this blog entry, P-girl!
When I was little I called it my hiney. Heiney? How do spell that, anyway?
Posted by
Unknown |
3:59 PM
Oh, and PS, I have a friend who, when he gets drunk, has an alter-ego he calls Cooter Brown. I wonder if the Cooter in his alter-ego's name is related to the body part?
Posted by
Unknown |
4:00 PM
EWWWW.. Cooter Brown? This has also got me thinking about nick names for other body parts. The best man at our wedding once referred to a butt hole as a "stink star." (I can't even type that without laughing). I have now taken my blog to the bathroom humor level. Ugh.
Go to the urban dictionary on-line and start looking up some of these terms. The definitions are hysterical.
p.s. My word verification is sokykock - do they know what I'm commenting about?
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
4:10 PM
I've always thought that was spelled "heinie"...But I thought it referred to a person's bottom, not their...other parts.
Posted by
Anonymous |
4:13 PM
my favorite term for "it" is cootchie or cootch for short, of course I also call it "pee pee" (how obvious is it that I have small children?). when i'm talking to mazzy we refer to it as "privates" but she always calls anything in that area her "butt". I can't get it through to her that it is NOT her butt.
My brother calls it cooter and that term has always disgusted me. I think it sounds really skanky.
stink star is nasty. that reminds me of chimp's idea for a totally useless invention which is an insert that you put into your hole to make your poo into shapes. It's like a cookie press.
Posted by
princess slea |
8:02 PM
Chimp has WAY too much time on his hands.
I always thought it was spelled "hiney" and also thought it was just a butt. Guess I've never had to spell it before. There were those Heineken ads out a few years ago, "grab me a heiney." Who knows.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
11:23 AM