5 Weird Habits
As tagged by Sherri...
Weird Habit #1
I am a little OCD when it comes to grammar. I think that's why it's so hard for me to blog sometimes. I will read, then re-read, then re-read, etc. I must hit the preview button and make changes about 5 times when I'm posting a comment - and sending e-mails, especially to someone who doesn't know me well, I re-read and have half the office proof it before I can send it out. I am pretty critical of grammatical errors (and I know I am far from perfect) but I still want all my stuff to be error free. Geek.
Weird Habit #2
I have to pick out my clothes before I choose my underwear for the day so I can make sure they all match. That includes bra and undies. If no bra can be found that matches my shirt color exactly I settle for a beige one (because I figure that's close to my skin color). I recently realized I have started matching my 4 year old's undies to her outfits too. Habit. This whole thing is probably why I cringe when I see girls whose bra straps are showing - and worse yet, don't match the outfit.
Weird Habit #3
I always rip the end of the toilet paper roll off in public bathrooms, as if doing this will prevent me from catching some horrible disease. It's kinda silly considering that I just used my hands to touch the "infected" sheets of TP and am now using those same hands to dispense the rest of the paper I will actually use to wipe - but I do it anyway.
Weird Habit #4
I butter my bread for ALL sandwiches. I am finding out that this may sound weird to some people and not so weird to others, depending on where you grew up. My mom ALWAYS buttered our bread whether we were having PB&J or tuna fish or ham & cheese. So, my whole life I have always buttered the bread no matter what. My personal fave is peanut butter and butter. Yumma.
Weird Habit #5
I feel like I should say "bless you" whenever someone sneezes, even when I'm sure they can't hear me. Like, if I'm in a store and three aisles over I hear someone sneeze, I say a silent little "bless you" - just in case my NOT saying it would damn them to he fires of hell eternally or something. In fact, when someone sneezes and my husband says "gesundheit" I always correct him with "you mean, bless you." Another soul saved.
Weird Habit #1
I am a little OCD when it comes to grammar. I think that's why it's so hard for me to blog sometimes. I will read, then re-read, then re-read, etc. I must hit the preview button and make changes about 5 times when I'm posting a comment - and sending e-mails, especially to someone who doesn't know me well, I re-read and have half the office proof it before I can send it out. I am pretty critical of grammatical errors (and I know I am far from perfect) but I still want all my stuff to be error free. Geek.
Weird Habit #2
I have to pick out my clothes before I choose my underwear for the day so I can make sure they all match. That includes bra and undies. If no bra can be found that matches my shirt color exactly I settle for a beige one (because I figure that's close to my skin color). I recently realized I have started matching my 4 year old's undies to her outfits too. Habit. This whole thing is probably why I cringe when I see girls whose bra straps are showing - and worse yet, don't match the outfit.
Weird Habit #3
I always rip the end of the toilet paper roll off in public bathrooms, as if doing this will prevent me from catching some horrible disease. It's kinda silly considering that I just used my hands to touch the "infected" sheets of TP and am now using those same hands to dispense the rest of the paper I will actually use to wipe - but I do it anyway.
Weird Habit #4
I butter my bread for ALL sandwiches. I am finding out that this may sound weird to some people and not so weird to others, depending on where you grew up. My mom ALWAYS buttered our bread whether we were having PB&J or tuna fish or ham & cheese. So, my whole life I have always buttered the bread no matter what. My personal fave is peanut butter and butter. Yumma.
Weird Habit #5
I feel like I should say "bless you" whenever someone sneezes, even when I'm sure they can't hear me. Like, if I'm in a store and three aisles over I hear someone sneeze, I say a silent little "bless you" - just in case my NOT saying it would damn them to he fires of hell eternally or something. In fact, when someone sneezes and my husband says "gesundheit" I always correct him with "you mean, bless you." Another soul saved.

When I sneeze are you somewhere in New York saying, "Bless you"?
And butter and peanut butter....ewwwwww.....!
Posted by
Sherri |
3:48 PM
Buttering your sandwiches is tres Frencais.
Gabriel butters his bread before he puts peanut butter on it too (I think it looks and sounds disgusting) but he swears it's delicious and helps the peanut butter spread evenly. I do love cucumber sandwiches with really good bread and butter.
Posted by
princess slea |
7:16 PM
Come on now, peanut butter and butter seems like a natural combination... I mean they both have the word butter in them?
Oh and by the way Sherri, God bless you!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
10:48 AM