« Home | Mini-me » | Post Christmas Depression » | Wow, I Need to Blog More... » | Fried Bird » | The Crud » | True Tales of Induhviduals... » | I don't get it » | HELP & "The Office" » | Tigger & the Tooth Fairy » | Dance Class » 

Monday, January 16, 2006 

Hair today, gone tomorrow...

I couldn't take it anymore! The very long mane of hair I once had has left the building. Impulsively, I went to the mall and had it chopped. It feels great. But now that I'm back to work I've been dealing with a myriad of comments that I'm not sure how to take. For example:

"Oh my God, I'm going to cry. It was so pretty before." - Uh thanks.

"Wow, you look so much younger!" - So I looked old before?

"Why would you cut it? It was so elegant." - Ya, like I need elegant hair for my weekly trips to McDonald's.

"Did you get your hair cut?" - Uh no, I was wearing extensions before.
And the worst reaction... is no reaction. Like, the guy who works down the hall whom I see 5 times a day didn't even make a comment. I'm crushed.

Anyhoo. Guess ya can't win sometimes. But, at least now it will take less time to color the grays.

i think it looks cute. changing your hair is a great way to stay young and keep people on their toes (think madonna). the women who seem old and dated are the ones who have the same hair style for over a decade.
you go girl. next dye it platinum blonde!

No need to dye platinum... I'll just borrow your wig! I like it. It's just funny how people react. The next day 3 people asked if I'd gotten a perm??? Do people still get perms?

I like it. I desperately need a haircut.

I think the best is when people say, "Oh. You got a haircut." and nothing else.

I remember my former coworker getting her hair cut short. Her boyfriend lived out of town, and she called and told him that she got her hair cut short. He said "You realize that I prefer long hair, right?". To which she responded "You realize I already got it cut short, right?"

Enough said.

Post a Comment