Post Christmas Depression

I love the holidays. I can't let go. I am still listening to holiday tunes and have no plans to take down the tree anytime soon. How does it come and go so quickly?
The house is littered with toys and boxes, and toys still in boxes which haven't found a home. How will I ever find a place for all this crap? Time to ditch some old toys while the kids aren't looking. How do you keep the grandparents from buying the kids so much crap! I guess they're allowed to spoil them. It's just depressing to think how much money was wasted on toys that will never get their fair share of play time.
So here's the update on my gifts:
From my Mother-in-law: A big alpaca wool sweater made by some peruvian woman. It is definitely striking (is that what ya say when you're reaching for a compliment?) - but again, HUGE. I'm swimming in it. But this year I found out I'm not alone... my sister-in-law (her other daughter-in-law) got a similar sweater and it was way worse than mine. I feel badly complaining.... they are nice sweaters... just not our style -yikes!
From my hubby: okay..I have to be careful here because I'm not sure if he reads this or not... I got a black & decker power scrubber (this I LOVE) plus 3 DVDs (3 kinda random movies) and an alarm clock. And here's the best part - they were handed to me in a plastic Kmart bag - no wrapping, no bows, not even a gift bag. Jeesh. At the risk of hurting his feelings, I thought I might take back the movies and alarm clock (not sure why he even thought I needed one) until I came home to find him using the alarm clock in the kitchen to listen to the radio. Okay then. I told him I kinda wanted to return it and he promptly announced that he'd lost the receipt - guess I'm keeping those movies too.
All in all it was a great holiday. I live vicariously though my kids anyway at this time of year and they got presents galore!

Didn't even wrap the presents??? Geesh!
I am so OVER the holidays. I am glad it's done and gone. I don't think I could have taken much more.
And you haven't lived until you have heard Aaron Neville sing "Littttlllleeee PPEooopplllee...they need helping hands....discovering Freddie." Etc.
Posted by
Sherri |
4:37 PM
I'm with Sherri, over it already. I took all the decorations down and am moving on and looking forward to Summer!
Posted by
princess slea |
5:32 PM
Discovering Sara, and her twin Eddie...
... and we'll always be friends.
Those songs totally creep out Len.
It's not even Epiphany yet!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
11:16 AM