Modern Technology
I recently came across another little piece of technology I'm not sure how I ever lived without. It's the best thing to come along since Tivo and I'm never giving it up - it's Satellite radio. If you have the means, you must get it, YOU MUST.
I'll admit that I live in a somewhat remote area, with very few choices on my local dial. I drive about 25 minutes to work (after I drop off the kids) and I don't have a huge collection of CD's. We have a great NPR station, but I can only listen to so much talk. I'm a closeted singing "superstar" and I need my love songs, nothing but love songs! My five main pre-sets are Broadway, followed by "Star-lite," the 70's, 80's and 90's channels and "Sirius Love." (I can hear you all laughing...) Another favorite is "1st Wave" dedicated to 80's new wave tunes. Truly awesome.
There's even "Kidstuff" for the little ones which is fairly tolerable except for the occasional "Barney" tune. Can I just say that I'm sick of Barney changing the words to classic children's songs so we can hear all about his big purple kid loving ass? Sorry,I digress. Even with the Barney tunes, it's worth it.
Check it out. You won't be disappointed. There's something for everyone here.
I'll admit that I live in a somewhat remote area, with very few choices on my local dial. I drive about 25 minutes to work (after I drop off the kids) and I don't have a huge collection of CD's. We have a great NPR station, but I can only listen to so much talk. I'm a closeted singing "superstar" and I need my love songs, nothing but love songs! My five main pre-sets are Broadway, followed by "Star-lite," the 70's, 80's and 90's channels and "Sirius Love." (I can hear you all laughing...) Another favorite is "1st Wave" dedicated to 80's new wave tunes. Truly awesome.
There's even "Kidstuff" for the little ones which is fairly tolerable except for the occasional "Barney" tune. Can I just say that I'm sick of Barney changing the words to classic children's songs so we can hear all about his big purple kid loving ass? Sorry,I digress. Even with the Barney tunes, it's worth it.
Check it out. You won't be disappointed. There's something for everyone here.

I will resist....I will not come over to the dark side. Must not.......
Posted by
Sherri |
11:21 AM
So Sherri and I get in the van with Preppygirl and Disney tunes are playing. Sherri says "uh, can we put some real music on?" Preppy pushes a button and showtunes come on. Sherri says "I said real music."
Sometimes there is no replacement for a good CD.
Posted by
princess slea |
2:04 PM
I can't help that you have no culture. There is no "Peter Murphy" channel on the satellite ya freak!
Kisses.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
2:19 PM
Who's Peter Murphy?
Posted by
Sherri |
6:16 PM