Busy, Busy, Busy!

Wow, I just realized I've been in la-la land for about a week now. Overworked and overwhelmed is a good way to describe my life this past week. I am in the last week of the summer season at work and my hubby's been off in Scotland for 7 days. Oh how fun to be a single mom if only for a week. I am being sarcastic of course. I actually didn't mind it too much. I came up with a routine and stuck to it. Here's a few tips for handling the kids alone:
1. Mac & Cheese with hotdogs is the easiest kid-friendly dinner out there (okay, I already knew that).
2. Pick your battles - if the kid wants a raw hotdog, let him have it.
3. Accept any and all invitations to visit relatives during this time!
4. Don't be afraid to call a babysitter.. I didn't out of guilt, but I coulda used the break.
5. Shower as soon as the kids fall asleep at night - don't wait too long or you'll be too tired to do anything too! You could of course get up before dawn... but who are we kidding?
6. Don't agree to have your 3 yr. old niece over for a slumber party 4 days into being alone with the kids. She was fine but didn't sleep too well, and thus, neither did I.
7. Shop, shop, shop... keeps the kids busy even if you buy nothing. They love that toy section!
All in all it was super. When I was with the kids I pretty much surrendered all thoughts of getting anything else done, which was great. We had a fun week together which made missing daddy a little easier.

you forgot to mention:
*keep an open bottle of wine handy for the early evening when you've listened to your 4 year old sing "ABCs" 500 times in a row.
*buy a new video that they haven't seen. If they are like my kids they will watch it about 15 times in a row. (yea, like there even exists a movie that you guys don't already own.)
*and...ear plugs.
Posted by
princess slea |
9:47 PM
Gotta get me one of those boxes o' wine. I did have several beers over the weekend... in stride of course.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
7:53 PM