5 Questions...
Thanks for tagging me princess diaree. I am ready for my interview:
1. Do you think you have habits that annoy other people? If so, what are they?
Yes, definitely. I tend to answer my own questions before waiting for a response. For example:
Me: "Are you going to help me give the kids a bath? - or are you
gonna keep playing that video game?"
Me: "Are you ever going to pick up after yourself? - yes or no?"
I also like to correct peoples' spelling and grammar - which is not to say I don't make my share of mistakes - it's just a habit. Feel free to correct me anytime, I'm sure I deserve it. BTW... the term is "recurring" not reoccurring. DOH!
2. What is the most embarrassing "fad" you've fallen prey to?
Oh geez, I would have to say "Sun-in." Do you remember that stuff from the 80's? You'd spray it on in the "sun" and let it lighten your hair. It worked okay if you had blonde hair but my natural color is dark brown. I sat in the bathroom one night with a bottle and my hair dryer (activated by heat, not necessarily the sun). I ended up with a half orange head of hair. Not attractive .. but I thought I looked pretty cool at the time. I also took up "Val Speak" during the Valley Girl craze in the 80's. Gag me, like I'm so sure! Uggh.
3. Do you or have you ever had a reoccurring dream? If so, what do you think it means?
I sometimes have that dream where I'm trying to run uphill and can't move at all. I usually have it when I'm stressing about something.
4. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability (not supernatural), what would it be?
The first thing that comes to mind is a Ballet Dancer - because not only do I think it's a beautiful art form but I assume I'd get the awesome dancer body to go with it!
5. Are you happy with your name? Did you get teased about your name as a child? If you could have chosen your own name, what would you be called?
Well, I love my first name. I always have. But my nickname is "Ali" so I've heard every Ali/Alley joke in the book.
"Hey Ali-cat!"
"Ali, Ali Oxen Free!"
"Ali Baba!"
"Look... it's Bowling Ali!"
"Hey 'Kate & Ali'" (I subsequently named my daughter Kate)
"How they hangin' Ali McGraw, Ali McBeal, Ali Oop?"
Probably what's most annoying is the fact that when people tell me these jokes they assume they are the first person to ever think of it. Ya buddy, brilliant. Also, my maiden name is PETERS... you can imagine the jokes I got about that one too.
To pick my own name? Again, I like my name but if I had to change it... I think I'd pick something Irish like... Erin, Shannon, Megan, Molly, or Aylish.
Wow is that it? Not too bad. How'd I do?
1. Do you think you have habits that annoy other people? If so, what are they?
Yes, definitely. I tend to answer my own questions before waiting for a response. For example:
Me: "Are you going to help me give the kids a bath? - or are you
gonna keep playing that video game?"
Me: "Are you ever going to pick up after yourself? - yes or no?"
I also like to correct peoples' spelling and grammar - which is not to say I don't make my share of mistakes - it's just a habit. Feel free to correct me anytime, I'm sure I deserve it. BTW... the term is "recurring" not reoccurring. DOH!
2. What is the most embarrassing "fad" you've fallen prey to?
Oh geez, I would have to say "Sun-in." Do you remember that stuff from the 80's? You'd spray it on in the "sun" and let it lighten your hair. It worked okay if you had blonde hair but my natural color is dark brown. I sat in the bathroom one night with a bottle and my hair dryer (activated by heat, not necessarily the sun). I ended up with a half orange head of hair. Not attractive .. but I thought I looked pretty cool at the time. I also took up "Val Speak" during the Valley Girl craze in the 80's. Gag me, like I'm so sure! Uggh.
3. Do you or have you ever had a reoccurring dream? If so, what do you think it means?
I sometimes have that dream where I'm trying to run uphill and can't move at all. I usually have it when I'm stressing about something.
4. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one ability (not supernatural), what would it be?
The first thing that comes to mind is a Ballet Dancer - because not only do I think it's a beautiful art form but I assume I'd get the awesome dancer body to go with it!
5. Are you happy with your name? Did you get teased about your name as a child? If you could have chosen your own name, what would you be called?
Well, I love my first name. I always have. But my nickname is "Ali" so I've heard every Ali/Alley joke in the book.
"Hey Ali-cat!"
"Ali, Ali Oxen Free!"
"Ali Baba!"
"Look... it's Bowling Ali!"
"Hey 'Kate & Ali'" (I subsequently named my daughter Kate)
"How they hangin' Ali McGraw, Ali McBeal, Ali Oop?"
Probably what's most annoying is the fact that when people tell me these jokes they assume they are the first person to ever think of it. Ya buddy, brilliant. Also, my maiden name is PETERS... you can imagine the jokes I got about that one too.
To pick my own name? Again, I like my name but if I had to change it... I think I'd pick something Irish like... Erin, Shannon, Megan, Molly, or Aylish.
Wow is that it? Not too bad. How'd I do?

good job "ali son chains", and quick too.
Posted by
princess slea |
4:00 PM
You picked Shannon as a potential name.....ewww!!!!
Posted by
Sherri |
10:58 PM
You would have gotten called such gems as "shannon the bogannon" or been constantly called "sharon". On the other hand when people said "is that spelled with one n or two?" you could have been a smartass and replied "three".
Posted by
princess slea |
9:29 AM
Yes I got the one or two question a lot. I got called Alice or Alicia a lot believe it or not. Sherri... your name is pretty too.. just like you.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
10:42 AM
awwww....shucks.
Posted by
Sherri |
7:38 AM