« Home | Weekend Update » | I am Such a Sucker! » | Am I a Grammatical Freakazoid? » | The Ultimate in Laziness... » | I am SO Busted! » | The Land Down Under... » | Crunchy Taters! » | Patty's Pot on Ya! » | Top Ten Toys » | Better Pic » 

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 

MUSKO!

For years when I was little, I was under the impression that "Musko" was a special recipe of my mom's. Many nights I'd ask my mom what was for dinner and she would reply, "Musko." For some reason, I had it in my head that Musko was some kind of goulash-like, hamburger casserole-looking concoction. It was not until my early twenties that I actually realized what Musko is. All those years, my mom was saying "MUST GO" - or in other words, the food that must go - LEFTOVERS. Wow, I really must not have been paying attention at all on those Musko nights.

So last night at my house, we had Musko. Somehow my son ended up with a bowl full of noodles in spaghetti sauce with cut up hot dogs and a pancake on top (believe me, I suggested my husband give him a separate plate for the pancake, but the kid really wanted it on top!) It made me think of the scene in "Elf" when he's making spaghetti with syrup on it. Damn you Will Ferrell, king of the insanely hilarious. I need more cowbell!

Too funny...

We have started labelling our leftovers with a date, otherwise we get into "How old is this?", and by then no one should be eating it...It has really cut down on thrown out leftovers.

Our son is a very big fan of "dipping" food. Mostly in barbecue sauce, but ketchup is OK, too. One time we went out to breakfast, and he had pancakes that he would not eat. We don't put syrup on them, because he never wants that. He had some home fries that were "dipped" in ketchup, and he was eating those. I asked him to eat some pancakes, to which he responded "Dip!". Fine...I dipped the pancake in ketchup...and he loved it.

My daughter was a dipper too - but she would dip and lick and re-dip (treating a potato chip more like a spoon). It was funny to us, but not so funny if we had party guests. She's a true double dipper!

Post a Comment