Movie Addict
Why is it that I can watch a sappy movie over, and over, and over again? Maybe a better phrase to describe these movies that suck me in are "romantic comedies" but in any case, I have an addiction to them. Some are great movies, while others are just plain awful - but if they end up together in the end, I'm all over it. Here's the short list of movies I can't get enough of:
The Classics:
Bull Durham - Kevin Costner = yum
You've Got Mail/Sleepless in Seattle - same movie, right?
One Fine Day - Clooney plus cute kids is mush on a stick
Say Anything - no explanation needed
As of Late:
The Wedding Date - Dermot Mulroney, need I say more?
The Notebook - Sap city (I turn it off before they die)
Fever Pitch - it has flaws, but it's cute
Honorable Mention:
Dave - Kevin Kline, the total package
Groundhog Day - don't like her much, but love Murray
While you Were Sleeping - Bill Pullman cute in this
Serendipity - John Cusack usually guarantees a good flick
Love Actually/4 Weddings/Notting Hill - gotta love Hugh
Pretty Woman
An American President
I think I've watched the Wedding Date & Fever Pitch 3 or 4 times each in the last two weeks (though admittedly I don't usually catch the whole movie in one sitting). Damn you satellite TV - I can see a movie on HBO then watch it again 3 hours later on HBO west. I need to get out more.
The Classics:
Bull Durham - Kevin Costner = yum
You've Got Mail/Sleepless in Seattle - same movie, right?
One Fine Day - Clooney plus cute kids is mush on a stick
Say Anything - no explanation needed
As of Late:
The Wedding Date - Dermot Mulroney, need I say more?
The Notebook - Sap city (I turn it off before they die)
Fever Pitch - it has flaws, but it's cute
Honorable Mention:
Dave - Kevin Kline, the total package
Groundhog Day - don't like her much, but love Murray
While you Were Sleeping - Bill Pullman cute in this
Serendipity - John Cusack usually guarantees a good flick
Love Actually/4 Weddings/Notting Hill - gotta love Hugh
Pretty Woman
An American President
I think I've watched the Wedding Date & Fever Pitch 3 or 4 times each in the last two weeks (though admittedly I don't usually catch the whole movie in one sitting). Damn you satellite TV - I can see a movie on HBO then watch it again 3 hours later on HBO west. I need to get out more.

I know... I could seriously do without all the old people scenes. I don't need to see a bare chested James Garner or Gena Rowlands going loco. But Ryan Gosling - uh ya - hot.
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
9:21 AM
OMG - I have found my movie soul mate - my list is so similar to yours - except that my tops, in addition to yours, are 50 First Dates and Sweet Home Alabama plus I move Dave and An Amercian President up. My hubby ALWAYS makes fun of me but he knows I have had a bad day when he comes home to find me in bed with one of these movies on.
I just recently watched The Wedding Date and it may make the list as well!
Posted by
Anonymous |
5:46 PM
Damn you guys... I had 50 first dates (and Wedding Singer) in my first draft of this post but I had to cut some stuff out because the list was WAY longer than the post actually ended up being. Wedding Date isn't the best storyline (are any of them?), I just like watching Dermot Mulroney sans clothing. Rarrr!
Posted by
PreppyGirl |
8:15 PM